Author Topic: Late Summer Hatch 2020  (Read 1196 times)

Michael Muenks

• Administrator
  • Associate
Late Summer Hatch 2020
« on: September 01, 2020, 07:41:49 PM »
I did a long observation of the black large fowl Ameraucana and the white bantam hatch last week and decided I could do with a late summer hatch. So, the incubator is fired up and the late summer egg collection is going well. I'm not looking for a lot of chicks, just a few more.

Anyone else doing the same thing?

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Late Summer Hatch 2020
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 12:21:01 PM »
 Nope.   I quit in May this year (started late December).   Except for about four setting hens.  But even they hatched in June. 
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Michael Muenks

• Administrator
  • Associate
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 12:59:52 PM »
I am interested in bantam Ameraucana hatching eggs in any of the standard color varieties and of course the ever elusive large fowl brown red Ameraucana. I have some large fowl black, bantam white, and bantam wheaten in the incubator.

Feel free to send me an email at Michael_Muenks@yahoo.com if you have hatching eggs you are willing to ship. I'm in central Missouri.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 01:07:25 PM by Michael Muenks »

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 07:56:02 PM »
I am interested in bantam Ameraucana hatching eggs in any of the standard color varieties and of course the ever elusive large fowl brown red Ameraucana. I have some large fowl black, bantam white, and bantam wheaten in the incubator.  Feel free to send me an email at Michael_Muenks@yahoo.com if you have hatching eggs you are willing to ship. I'm in central Missouri.

I could help out in the spring, but have nothing mated up in the fall of the year as I need the pens for grow-outs and conditioning.
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 06:05:16 PM »
Michael I am actually thinking of doing the same thing, late hatch. Since most my older birds are not in condition I have put some pens together. White bantam, blue bantam, brown red bantam, LF brown red. Not sure if they will lay a lot or not but if you are attending our Southern National in MO October 31 I could collect some and bring them if you like.
S.E. Michigan

Michael Muenks

• Administrator
  • Associate
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2020, 08:12:01 PM »
I will definitley be at the Southern National and would love to get some hatching eggs if you have them.

It is a bit ironic to be looking at the spring hatch birds and culling at the same time that I am setting up chicks.

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2020, 06:14:14 PM »
I am right there with you. I just started sorting through my grow outs as well. I didn’t hatch as many this spring and now trying to figure out what I need. Which is why I need a fall hatch or two. Not to mention it will make for some show birds in spring I guess. Hopefully we are well past this Corona lockdown crap by then.
S.E. Michigan