Author Topic: Club Patches  (Read 2783 times)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Club Patches
« on: April 30, 2015, 07:58:10 PM »
I'm trying to get a quote to present to the board to have some 4" diameter Ameraucana Alliance patches made.  In the past we bought embroidered patches and it was a pain to try to get the desired detail and proper colors.  I see there is another option.

http://www.colorpatch.com/club_patches.htm
Unlike embroidered patches, the name, design, or photo is permanently dyed into the cloth by the same process that swimsuits and colorful sportswear use. This means you can get unlimited colors and extremely fine detail. Also, the patch edges and patch background can be dyed to a perfect match.

•Unlimited colors and gradients available
•Extremely fine detail
•Edges and background can match exactly
•No threads to fray
•Clean-looking text without thread between the words

Do any of you have experience with these types of patches?  They are $3.25 each (and probably shipping) in quantities of 100+, so we should be able to sell them for $5 including an envelope and stamp.  It is a great way to promote the breed and club.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 02:02:18 PM by John W Blehm »

Tailfeathers

• College
  • Breeder & Exhibitor of WBS Ameraucanas since 2008
Re: Club Patches
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 04:56:20 AM »
Trying to think... seems like back in my Boy Scout and Navy days, we had patches like these.  Certainly have no clue whether they came from same company but as I recall they looked pretty good and held up well.  First thought would be Thumbs Up!  Second thought would be to ask if they can send you one patch as a proof before you order a hundred or more just to take a looksee first.
God Bless,

R. E. Van Blaricome
Seek Ye first the Kingdom of God, and all His Righteousness
- then these things shall be added unto you (Matt. 6:33)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 08:51:53 AM »
Trying to think... seems like back in my Boy Scout and Navy days, we had patches like these.  Certainly have no clue whether they came from same company but as I recall they looked pretty good and held up well.  First thought would be Thumbs Up!  Second thought would be to ask if they can send you one patch as a proof before you order a hundred or more just to take a looksee first.

I did email a request for a sample, but haven't heard a reply. 

Update 5/2/15...the company sent an email saying they sent something and I should have it is a few days.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 07:51:17 PM by John W Blehm »

Lee G

• Associate
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 10:37:16 AM »
Reminds me of the 'brownie' badges I used to earn as a kid as well. Which my mother still has somewhere come to think, little brown dress included. lol

Hmm. Maybe we could have different badges for different accomplishments with the breed, or to represent the different varieties folks raise, etc.  I know I'd have to have one with a blue cock bird on it.  ;)

Just an idea anyway!
~ The duty of the breeder today and tomorrow is to create rather than imitate or simply perpetuate -- Horace Dryden

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 02:06:18 PM »
They arrived in the mail today!  They are 4" in diameter and feature a light yellow background.  The cost is $5 each or 2 for $8 including postage in Canada and the US.  Order from our Ameraucana Merchandise page.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 02:07:49 PM by John W Blehm »

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2015, 01:50:15 PM »
Looks great John, did you receive my payment by pay pal? I sent it to pay@ameraucanaalliance.org I believe that is the right place correct?
S.E. Michigan

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2020, 12:56:26 PM »
I have over 30 4” club logo patches.  They are somewhat dated, since we now have a new logo.  The board has voted to lower the price on these to move them out.  I’ll have them at both shows in October for $1 each.  If you want one mailed to you and will pay via PayPal the cost is $2 to cover postage and the PayPal fee.

Tailfeathers

• College
  • Breeder & Exhibitor of WBS Ameraucanas since 2008
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2020, 04:53:12 PM »
Hi John, It's been awhile since I'm been to the Forum.  Just wanted you to know the "Ameraucana Merchandise" link in your previous post doesn't work.  Pops up a "The requested URL was not found on this server."  Couldn't find a link on the new website but I found a workaround from a post selling the egg charts.  Just sent you $5 via PayPal.
God Bless,

R. E. Van Blaricome
Seek Ye first the Kingdom of God, and all His Righteousness
- then these things shall be added unto you (Matt. 6:33)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2020, 06:02:00 PM »
Hi John, It's been awhile since I'm been to the Forum.  Just wanted you to know the "Ameraucana Merchandise" link in your previous post doesn't work.  Pops up a "The requested URL was not found on this server."  Couldn't find a link on the new website but I found a workaround from a post selling the egg charts.  Just sent you $5 via PayPal.

I just tried it and it worked for me.   ???