Author Topic: Ameraucana Northern National 2020  (Read 2040 times)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Ameraucana Northern National 2020
« on: August 24, 2020, 11:00:16 AM »
Show committee: John W Blehm, Alison Abbott Dustin Bonner (updated 9/24) & Russ Blair

Lodging/Camping:
Our host hotel is Americas Best Value Inn, in Birch Run, Michigan.  It is the same one used by Fowl Fest each year and is just off the I-71 exit, #136.  Their "Poultry Show/Fowl Fest" rates are about the same as their "senior" rates.  $72/night with one queen bed or $76 for two queen beds, plus tax.  (989)624-4440
There are many other hotels and motels to choose from between Bridgeport, Birch Run & Frankenmuth...the towns closest to the show.  Frankenmuth & Birch Run are very popular with tourists.
RVs/campers are welcome to camp at the show – make reservations with John.

Our tentative meet schedule...

Friday:
Noon – 8pm, early coop-in, in show building, with Sale Area and Silent Auction, in chicken barn.
6pm, Baked (updated from Fried, 9/15) chicken :P buffet in the pavilion $10/per person - make reservations with John.

Saturday:
7am – 9:30am, coop-in.  Lewis Cunningham (updated 8/26) begins judging at 9:30.
10am, Ameraucana Egg Judging Contest in pavilion.  6 bantam or large fowl eggs per entry.
11am, Ameraucana Q&A seminar, in pavilion.
12pm, Silent Auction ends, in chicken barn.
1pm, Lunch in the pavilion.  Pizza, Subs, Deserts & Bottled Water for $10/per person - make reservations with John.
         *You may want to bring your own non-alcoholic beverage and food items for any special dietary needs.
1:30pm, Announce winners, Annual Club Meeting, followed by cooping-out for those that don’t want to coop-out Sunday morning.

NOTE: This is a private (not open to the public) Ameraucana Alliance show, with a sanctioned national meet by the Alliance.  We will only accept entries for bantam and large fowl Ameraucana chickens, entered by our members.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 10:07:42 PM by John W Blehm »

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Ameraucana Northern National 2020
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 01:17:32 PM »
Updated 10/3

Friday 6pm, Chicken buffet in the pavilion $10/per person - make reservations with John.
John (2)
Amy (2)
Bob (2)
Mike (2)
Jeff S (1)
Russ (2)
Janie (2)
Stacy (1)
Daniel (2)
Jonathon (1)
David (1)

Saturday 1pm, Lunch in the pavilion.  Pizza, Subs, Deserts & Bottled Water for $10/per person - make reservations with John.
John (2)
Amy (2)
Bob (2)
Mike (2)
Jeff S (1)
Russ (1)
Janie (2)
Stacy (1)
Dustin (2)
Daniel (2)
Jonathon (1)
David (1)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 11:26:50 AM by John W Blehm »

Michael Muenks

• Administrator
  • Associate
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 11:17:08 AM »
What is the last date to send in entries?

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 12:18:11 PM »
What is the last date to send in entries?

"Postmarked by Monday, September 28th"
I emailed a "show catalog" to all members with email addresses on Aug 25th.  It contained 8 PDF files, including entry forms for both shows.  A few emails bounced back.  I also printed and mailed the important pages to members without email addresses.

Hope to see you all once or twice in October. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 02:12:38 PM by John W Blehm »

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 12:38:06 PM »
(updated 10/6)

Lisa at ZCI Feed Sales, of Chesaning, Michigan has donated a couple chick feeders and a 50 pound bag of feed to use to feed the birds in the show!  :D

Jeff at Cackle Hatchery has donated 4 $25 gift certificates.   :D

Victor at Hakes' Twin City Poultry Supplies has donating a $20 gift certificate.   :D

Michigan Poultry Fanciers loaned us the cooping needed to put on our show!   :D

McMurray Hatchery has donated a Platinum Starter Kit for chicks!   :D
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 08:50:02 PM by John W Blehm »

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2020, 10:14:55 AM »
Russ Blair is donating special Neil Townsend memorial plaques for BV bantam wheaten & white and Mike Gilbert is donating the RV plaques, as we celebrate the 40th anniversary of Ameraucanas 1st being recognized as a breed by the ABA.   8)
The plaques are ordered and images below are just mockups to give you an idea what they will look like.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 07:19:55 PM by John W Blehm »

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2020, 02:28:52 PM »
I found a gift basket in the mail today!  It was from Amy Jensen, of WI, and filled with goodies, including a couple gift cards.  This will be a very nice Silent Auction item.  One photo, below, lists the items in the basket and the other is of the open basket.  For display it will be covered and wrapped.   ;D

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2020, 02:41:22 PM »
The Jensen's are good folks.   Thank you!   Hope to see you in Michigan.   Be sure to bring some extra Blue Wheaten bantam cockerels.
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2020, 06:06:43 PM »
That is awesome, and if they have extras be sure to bring them as I bet they will sell  ;)
S.E. Michigan

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2020, 09:55:15 AM »
Reminder...if you haven't sent in your entry form and fees for our Ameraucana Northern National yet, please do so by Monday, September 28th.  ;)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2020, 01:30:09 PM »
Mine will be postmarked Monday, September 28th.     I was hoping that more would be ready, but right now it's looking like just three bantams and one LF.    John, I will be bringing you a young Silver bantam K.   If you don't need him, he will go in the auction.   Vaccinated for Laryngo and Mareks. 
Mike Gilbert

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2020, 08:20:25 PM »
Well Mike I got 26 Bantams filled in, but I wouldn’t give two nickels for any of them. I am also bringing 3 up for my uncle Dave since he will be at his grandsons wedding on the 10th.
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2020, 08:55:43 PM »
Well Mike I got 26 Bantams filled in, but I wouldn’t give two nickels for any of them. I am also bringing 3 up for my uncle Dave since he will be at his grandsons wedding on the 10th.

Made out my entry today, in the envelope, stamped, ready to mail.  I upped the ante to 5 bantams and the one LF.   And that was stretching it.
Mike Gilbert

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2020, 05:00:01 PM »
Besides our Silent Auction we will also have a Raffle this year.  Birds and items of greater value will be in our auction, while smaller items will be on our raffle table.
Bring items for both, if you have them to donate.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2020, 09:47:54 AM »
The show is just one week from today!  Start collecting eggs for our egg contest.

Quote from:
Entries will consist of six eggs presented in an egg carton, without labels or markings identifying
the exhibitor. The eggs should be uniform in, size, shape, etc., with all six being either Bantam
Hen eggs, Bantam Pullet eggs, Large Fowl Hen eggs or Large Fowl Pullet eggs.
Exhibitors may enter up to two entries in each class.

Ameraucana Egg Competition, with 3 or more entries in a class:
Best Bantam Eggs..................................................................................$40   
Reserve Bantam Eggs.............................................................................$20 
Best Large Fowl Eggs.............................................................................$40 
Reserve Large Fowl Eggs........................................................................$20

The entries aren't finalized yet, but here is what we have...
84 bantams
60 large fowl
 ;D
(update 10/7)  The entries are all in and this will be "one gross" chicken show, with "144" birds!

Weekend forecast for our Ameraucana Northern National...(updated 10/9)
Today: Sunny, with a high near 76. South southwest wind 9 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 62. Southwest wind 11 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 73. Southwest wind 9 to 13 mph becoming west northwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 22 mph.
Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 47. Northeast wind 5 to 8 mph.
Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 65. East wind 6 to 9 mph.
:)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 10:33:10 AM by John W Blehm »