Author Topic: Chocolate Status Check-In  (Read 1699 times)

Michael Muenks

• Administrator
  • Associate
Chocolate Status Check-In
« on: September 14, 2020, 12:40:52 PM »
I am checking in on whether not the interest in Chocolate Ameraucana has continued. I did some searches and see discussions from 5 years ago when I was engaged in Ameraucana topics. I still have a Chocolate large fowlish hen and I'm debating whether to keep her or not.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Chocolate Status Check-In
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 02:48:25 PM »
I am checking in on whether not the interest in Chocolate Ameraucana has continued. I did some searches and see discussions from 5 years ago when I was engaged in Ameraucana topics. I still have a Chocolate large fowlish hen and I'm debating whether to keep her or not.

I haven't heard of anyone working on them for years.  The sale area at our MO show would be a good place to take her.  Maybe you'll have a sale lined up in advance.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 07:52:59 PM »

Michael, you might check on the Ameraucana Open Facebook page that Steve moderates.   There is far more discussion there than here.  I believe there are a few from the other club that still breed Chocolates. 
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 10:35:33 PM »
hi Michael, Temple da Silva is working on this as is another or two.

Sue

Michael Muenks

• Administrator
  • Associate
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 09:05:29 AM »
Thank you for the tip Mike. I'm not a huge fan of Facebook or regular user. I have been purusing things over there, but just not a fan.

Janie Vila

• Administrator
  • Associate
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 09:20:19 PM »
I am on my third generation of large fowl chocolates. The problem i am having is that i am getting blues, blacks, chocolate,  mauve, lavender and splash. I am hoping to aquire some (genetically) solid black hens to avoid all the colors of the rainbow. It is driving me nuts.

Michael Muenks

• Administrator
  • Associate
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 01:56:31 PM »
Getting all of that would be very frustrating. I agree that you want to get a stable line of black to work with the chocolate on. I would never have thought to cross blue and chocolate. I might have done lavender . . .

Kate Rickenbach

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2021, 11:31:49 AM »
Very interested if you still have her and ship!

🐤 Kate 🐤

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2021, 11:51:23 AM »
Hi Kate,

I don't know where you are but Janie Vila also has chocolates.  She is in Virginia.

Best Regards, Sue