Author Topic: 2021 Ameraucana National Meet(s)?  (Read 3662 times)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
2021 Ameraucana National Meet(s)?
« on: November 04, 2020, 06:54:37 PM »
It is that time of year for our Alliance directors to vote on placing one or two national meets for next year to give members plenty of time to plan their hatches and make travel plans.  The vote will be before November 15th.  Three bids have been accepted and under consideration:

Sedalia, MO - a one day double show the last Saturday in October.
The Missouri State Poultry Association would love to host the Ameraucana Alliance National Meet in 2020. Here's our bid.
The Missouri State Poulry Association  offers the Ameraucana Alliance the following if we are selected to host your National Meet in 2020:
1)   Large Fowl and Bantam – Open Show
        $50.00 Champion
        $25.00 Reserve Champion
2)   Large Fowl and Bantam – Junior Show
        $20.00 Champion
        $10.00 Reserve
3)   3) Single decking
4)   4) Table for your club

Sincerely,
Bernita Miller
Show Secretary
Quote from: updated offer
Bernita offered $75 + trophy for Champion Ameraucana LF and Bantam, Reserve Champions get $50 + trophy each.
Juniors will be included in 2 Open shows plus 1 Junior show, like our National was done.

Lebanon, IN - a one day show the 3rd Saturday in October.
Central Indiana bid for 2021 Ameraucana Alliance National Meet

The Central Indiana Poultry Show will provide:
1) $200. cash for the club if over 100 Ameraucanas are entered and payed for in the Open Show; $300. if over 200 Ameraucanas.
2) Your choice of the judges we hire (if other Nationals, first choose,  first serve).
3) Your National Meet judged at 9 AM (unless you choose a judge already chosen by another National)
4) plaque for national champion Ameraucana.
Doug Akers
Show Secretary
Central Indiana Poultry Show

Birch Run, MI - a two day double show the 2nd weekend in October.
See attachment below for the Fowl Fest bid.

If you would plan to attend one or two of Ameraucana National Meets in 2021, please comment and/or ask questions here about these choices. 
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 10:09:11 PM by John W Blehm »

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: 2021 Ameraucana National Meet(s)?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 07:19:40 PM »
I really don't care for one day double judged shows, as there is just not enough time to visit and do all the things we like to do at a national meet.   I like Indiana because it is judged just once, which also means lower entry fees.  And it is the closest of the three for us.  If not Indiana, then Michigan would be my second choice.  But I do think we need to move it around, and Indiana would be more centrally located if we are having just one national. 
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Barbara Campbell

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 12:41:56 PM »
I would love to see it in IN because of its close proximity to us. This is a location I think Dick and I could manage. 

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 05:31:11 PM »
I also feel Indiana is the best choice for a centrally located show.
S.E. Michigan

Michelle Muldowney-Stevens

• Associate
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2020, 12:10:01 PM »
A bid has been submitted from Utah. Thank you for your consideration.

Mindy Waters

• Administrator
  • Associate
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2020, 02:13:25 PM »
Utah! Yes, please! That's much closer! Do you know the date on that one? Would love the possibility of getting to a Western National

Michael Muenks

• Administrator
  • Associate
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2020, 06:33:48 PM »
I will do my best to attend the shows whereever they end up being located. If I had to pick only one I'd go with the Lebanon, IN location.

Yes, I know that is weird given that I am 45 miles from the Missouri location, but I go there all of the time. It is nice to be able to see members from a larger area.

I'm not personally opposed to a National Meet out west.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2020, 08:38:06 PM »
Bids were accepted thru November 1st to be considered.  This is according to our Ameraucana Meet Policy.  I solicited bids for the MI and IN shows.  Becky Howie resubmitted the 2020 MO bid for 2021.  No other bids were submitted.  In my report in our fall Newsletter that went out to all members around September 1st I said...
"Please remember that bids/offers for our 2021 Ameraucana National Meet(s) have to be submitted to me by November 1st as per our Meet Policy.  If you have a show in mind that you want the board to consider for a national meet please solicit a bid/offer from them.  The board will place one or two national meets by November 15th, so all our Alliance members have plenty of time to prepare."

The bid/offer from the show club is important, but there are many things to consider.  Some of these, listed below, may be covered in a bid, but some may not.
 * When is the show?  October thru the 1st half of November is preferred.
 * How many Alliance members are likely to attend? 
 * Can we expect at least 100 entries, with 200+ a reasonably goal?
 * Testing - Do we just need an NPIP flock # or recent Pullorum/Typhoid test or is more needed?
 * How well is the show run?  Reputation?  Do they turn in Meet Reports on time?
 * Is a location that draws the most members with the most entries more important than moving it around the country?
 * Money/Rebates - How much is offered to our breed club?
 * How much will it cost us per entry?
 * Are awards offered such as plaques for AOCCL and AOSB?
 * Do we have first choice of the judges they hire?
 * Will our birds be given a prominent location in the showroom, our bantams and large fowl close together?
 * Will our birds be single stacked?  If double stacking is necessary will our birds be on top?
 * Will our breed be judged first?
 * Do they provide a club table (or more) and chairs?
 * Do they provide an area for our club meeting?
 * Will we be able to have a silent auction of Ameraucanas and related items?
 * Will they promote our Ameraucana National Meet on their website, social media, print ads?
 * Facility - Close to expressway?  Good lighting?  Wide aisles?  Easy access to coop in and coop out?
 * What else is offered in the area, like restaurants and entertainment especially for family members that aren't into showing?
 * What about lodging availability and costs?  Is camping available?
 * Are all birds entered in the open show, so every Alliance member showing is eligible every Alliance award offered in the sanctioned meet?
 * Is the show room pet free and smoke free?
 * ?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 08:40:49 PM by John W Blehm »

Mindy Waters

• Administrator
  • Associate
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2020, 11:06:42 PM »
Aw, sad that the deadline was missed. Shows have all been shutdown up here still. Hoping for some Spring meets up here in WA!

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2020, 10:10:33 AM »
Aw, sad that the deadline was missed. Shows have all been shutdown up here still. Hoping for some Spring meets up here in WA!

Please keep that same Meet Policy in mind when thinking of placing Club Meets. 
Club meets may be placed by the Director in charge of meets when a member requests a meet for a specific show in time for the meet to be publicized in the quarterly Ameraucana Newsletter prior to the show's entry deadline.  Members need to know well in advance when and where meets are placed for planning purposes.
[/size]

One of the pinned topics under this "Exhibiting..." subforum is Club Meets and How to Request one.

Mindy Waters

• Administrator
  • Associate
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2020, 03:31:57 PM »
As soon as I hear of shows happening up here again, I'll send meet requests to the Director in charge of them. Unfortunately, I have a feeling it will be another atypical year to here due to Covid. Thank you!

Gary Rossman

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2020, 06:31:01 PM »
I would like to see our national to be held at the Central Indiana show.  It's a very well run show.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2020, 12:51:55 PM »
The board has voted and I've placed our 2021 Ameraucana National Meet with the Central Indiana Poultry Show, at the Boone Co 4-H Fairgrounds, Lebanon, Indiana, the 3rd Saturday in October.
 8)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2020, 01:54:05 PM »
Our judges will be Matt Lhamon for bantams & Brian Gates for large fowl.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2021, 07:06:35 PM »
Our board has voted and approved the awards list, below, for our 2021 Ameraucana National Meet, this October, in Indiana.  Well over $3,000 in cash awards is offered besides ribbons, rosettes, a plaque offered by the host club any any "Specials" offered by our members.  8)