Author Topic: Ameraucana Alliance MeWe Group  (Read 1959 times)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Ameraucana Alliance MeWe Group
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2021, 08:27:56 AM »
Here is an update on our MeWe.com Ameraucana Alliance discussion group.    We are now up to 84 members, with lots of topics and discussion.   Unlike Fazebook, you are free to post for sale and wanted notices.   This can be done right within our Alliance group without going elsewhere on MeWe.      To those of you who have not yet joined us over there, please do so!    Once you set up your MeWe account (very easy) go to the Groups icon on the toolbar near the top of your screen.  Then click on "See All Groups", or "Browse."    Just scroll down until you find us and click on it.   You will then need to request to join, which either Mindy or myself will approve.    Or you can also do a Search for Ameraucana Alliance.    See you over there!
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Rebecca G Howie

• Administrator
  • College
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2021, 09:51:29 PM »
The board of directors has voted and the majority voted to make the MeWe site an Alliance site.
Due to a lack of confidence, by most of the board members, in my leadership of the Alliance and other issues I will resign as president effective at noon, on February 23rd.

I saw this last night and was floored. John, I hope you will rethink this. You have led the Alliance (and before that the ABC) through many years. You have made solid decisions and had the foresight to create a web presence for the club. I think it was one of the first (or THE first) Breed Club site.

No group of people will ALWAYS agree on EVERYTHING, that does not mean we don't respect and listen and sometimes still disagree or agree.

I, personally, have confidence in your leadership, and think this is not the time for you to step down.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2021, 08:47:15 AM »
The board of directors has voted and the majority voted to make the MeWe site an Alliance site.
Due to a lack of confidence, by most of the board members, in my leadership of the Alliance and other issues I will resign as president effective at noon, on February 23rd.

I saw this last night and was floored. John, I hope you will rethink this. You have led the Alliance (and before that the ABC) through many years. You have made solid decisions and had the foresight to create a web presence for the club. I think it was one of the first (or THE first) Breed Club site.

No group of people will ALWAYS agree on EVERYTHING, that does not mean we don't respect and listen and sometimes still disagree or agree.

I, personally, have confidence in your leadership, and think this is not the time for you to step down.

Amen, Becky, amen.   Thanks for speaking up. 
Mike Gilbert

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2021, 09:14:02 AM »
For those of you who have not yet joined us on MeWe, here is a link to an article reporting an interview with the founder of MeWe.  Aside from the obviously editorialized intro, it explains pretty well their business philosophy and the stark difference between it and Facebook.  As an aside, as of this morning, January 18th, we are now up to 87 members and growing every day.   With no drama by the way.   Here is the link to that article.    https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-media-social-media-acc77e2afbad87da884345565385ca1c
Mike Gilbert