Author Topic: Duane Urch  (Read 646 times)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Duane Urch
« on: February 05, 2021, 06:01:13 PM »
Long time exhibition bird hatcheryman and APA judge and director Duane Urch has passed away.   Among many other breeds and varieties, Duane was one of the first to sell Wheaten Ameraucana bantams and Black and Silver large fowl.   The Blacks were primarily from Wayne Meredith as I recall, his Silver LF were a cockerel strain I had developed with birds from Jeanne Trent and Wayne Meredith, and the Wheaten bantams came from me.   Duane made his mark in the exhibition poultry world.   May he rest in peace.    Here is a link to his obituary.   Be sure to click on the "Read More" link to see Duane's achievements.    https://www.michaelsonfuneral.com/obituaries/Duane-C-Urch?obId=19883109#/obituaryInfo

« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 07:16:10 PM by John W Blehm »
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
Re: Duane Urch
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 01:39:09 PM »
Thanks Mike for the notice.  I've attached the many kudos for Mr. Urch since you left FB and probably did not see them.  He was definitely well respected.  Glad to see he is part of our Ameraucana heritage.

Sue.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 05:30:27 PM »
Thanks Mike for the notice.  I've attached the many kudos for Mr. Urch since you left FB and probably did not see them.  He was definitely well respected.  Glad to see he is part of our Ameraucana heritage.  Sue.

Thanks Sue.   The pdf attachment exceeds the file size that will allow my computer to open it in Word, so I can't open it.    If you could break it down into smaller parts it might work for me.
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2021, 12:02:14 PM »
Ok Mike, in 3 parts. I was the last poster on this thread adding in the Ameraucana comments.

Best, Sue