Author Topic: 2021 Fowl Fest  (Read 606 times)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
2021 Fowl Fest
« on: April 27, 2021, 12:37:42 PM »
Michigan Poultry Fanciers will have their Fowl Fest the 4th weekend, in October (23rd-24th), at the Saginaw Country Fairgrounds, 11350 Peet Road, Chesaning, Michigan 48616.  It is about 26 miles south-southwest of Birch Run and about a 40 minute drive from my house.
The expo/event center, in Birch Run, where we've had the Fowl Fest in recent years has been sold and no longer available to us. 
I'll contact Michael to request a Club Meet at this show.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 12:39:27 PM by John W Blehm »

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: 2021 Fowl Fest
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2021, 11:14:17 AM »
The 2021 Show Catalog, with the Entry Form is now available on the FowlFest.org site for viewing and printing.  Judges will be Phil Bartz (Illinois), Mike Becker (Ontario), Brian Caraker (Arkansas) and Don Karasek (Wisconsin).

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: 2021 Fowl Fest
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2021, 05:43:25 PM »
Russ and I were the only ones with Ameraucanas entered and Russ couldn't make it to the show, so at the breed level my birds only competed against themselves. 
Brian Caraker judged the AOCCL class for the white card show and Nate Rynish judged their green card show.  It was interesting that Brian placed my black P as BB, while Nate placed my black K as BB.  They both placed one of the buff pullets as RB and placed my other bantams the same.
Don Karasek judged the AOSB class for the white card show and Nate judged the green card show.  They placed all 6 of my birds the same, with my buff K BB and black pullet RB.

After not having the Fowl Fest last year, due to COVID-19, having a new location for the show and having to hold it two weeks later than usual the entries were down with 800 and some birds.  For 2022 they will be back to the 2nd full weekend in October.