Author Topic: 2021 Silent Auction  (Read 819 times)

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
2021 Silent Auction
« on: September 02, 2021, 11:37:47 AM »
Hello everyone  I hope everyone’s grow out pens are full of exceptional Ameraucana. I just want to let everyone know as a member on the National show committee I am planning on another silent auction. We have been blessed by the generosity of members in the previous years and have had great success. So if anyone is attending the National Meet in Lebanon and would like to donate any extra breeding quality Ameraucana just let me know. Not only is it a good way of getting quality Ameraucana into new breeders hands but it also is a great draw to our club table. My contact info is slicktree@hotmail.com or (419) 410-2613 is my phone number and preferred method of contact since I only check e mails once a week. Thank you for reading this post and I will try to give updates on this topic as they come in
S.E. Michigan

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: 2021 Silent Auction
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 11:41:12 AM »
Here is a current list to date 9/11/2021
Trio of BW Bantam- Rebecca Howie
Pair White Bantams and Pair Light brown bantams- Michael Muenks
Pair of LF Black- Lisa Helms
Pair/trio bantam (either blue or brown red)- Russ Blair
3 black bantam pullets- Mike Gilbert
Pair of LF Brown Reds- Stacy Melton
Pair of LF Black- Daniel Cook
Pair of LF Blue- Max Strawn
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 05:42:59 PM by Russ Blair »
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 12:01:21 PM »

I will donate a threesome of Black Bantam pullets  that are based on sex linked gold.   I will have no extra cockerels this year.
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 03:36:17 PM »
Thank you for your generous donation Mike
S.E. Michigan

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 08:53:15 AM »
Thank you Stacy Melton for your generous donation
S.E. Michigan

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2021, 12:28:18 PM »
For the last several years we've had a silent auction at our Ameraucana National Meets.  Each time it has been put on by an Alliance member or more and recent years by the National Meet Committee as individuals, but not the club.  This way we avoid involving our board of directors and can use the auction funds as the committee decides.  Generally we pay for a big "thank you" ad in the Poultry Press and have helped cover the costs of our National Meet meal on Saturday evening, when the $10/person fee wasn't enough.  After whatever the committee designates the money gets used for, the remainder gets donated to our treasury.  I just want to make sure no one assumes all the proceeds necessarily go into our treasury, which is in really great shape!

So that we don't have a conflict with the silent auction put on by the show club that is hosting our national meets we restrict our auction to Ameraucana chickens and related items. 

I have grouped some old Ameraucana club handbooks & patches, along with a copy of the Backyard Poultry magazine that featured my article on Ameraucanas and a couple other things to donate as one item for the auction.  There may be little interest in these, but I have no need to hold on to them and maybe someone will want to add them to their collection.

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2021, 08:59:01 AM »
Thank you Daniel Cook for your generous donation of LF black Ameraucana. For those that don’t know him he is a youth exhibitor that did well at our national meet last year in Birch run.
S.E. Michigan

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2021, 05:12:31 PM »
Thank you Max Strawn for the generous donation
S.E. Michigan

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2021, 05:14:17 PM »
Scroll up for the list of donations, it is a dandy  ;D
S.E. Michigan

Kalin McClure

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2021, 03:45:22 PM »
Would there be any interest in Ameraucana art for the silent auction?  No worries if there’s not, but I’m happy to donate if there is. 😊

Rebecca G Howie

• Administrator
  • College
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2021, 09:15:31 PM »
I imagine so, nice work. We have had ceramic art, critter traps and brooder heaters, books donated in the past that were well received.

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2021, 05:43:43 PM »

Russ, you forgot to add Max's donation.

Thanks Mike, it’s corrected
S.E. Michigan