Author Topic: Blue Silver?  (Read 13392 times)

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
Re: Blue Silver?
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2019, 08:37:02 AM »
Just an updated picture of my current cock I will be using for breeding if the hens ever co operate.
He has a good size Russ.

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2019, 10:59:42 AM »
He's very nice Russ, although I would like to see less tail spread from the side view.  There is always something to work on.  I do like that bull neck on him.  You get a better contrast of the colors than by using lavender, and you can breed two varieties in one pen.  How is the temperament of your Silver & Blue Silver line in general?  I am getting some Silver bantam chicks now, thanks to you and John.

Mike I have to agree, his tail is too fan like and needs tightened up. Another thing I noticed is he is a little soft in feather. The benefits this cross has brought well exceeds my expectations. I have drastically seen an increase in egg size and color, overall improvement in type and temperament, not too mention an increase in size. The improvements have been so great I didn't keep any of my pure Silver line, and plan to use these to create a better one I believe.  I have hatched close to 50 LF Brown Reds so today I will move them from the barn and bring these guys in. This way I can supplement the light and hopefully get them laying.
S.E. Michigan

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2019, 09:23:40 PM »
Well I got them moved in today, hopefully the added light will kick start their lay.
S.E. Michigan

Tailfeathers

• College
  • Breeder & Exhibitor of WBS Ameraucanas since 2008
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2019, 04:36:54 AM »
Looking good Russ.  I hope my Reds look as good after 3yrs. 
God Bless,

R. E. Van Blaricome
Seek Ye first the Kingdom of God, and all His Righteousness
- then these things shall be added unto you (Matt. 6:33)

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2019, 09:19:43 AM »
  As a member I'm requesting a copy of the colour standard.

Forget that.  Despite what the ABA promises they do not supply "inactive standards."  It's a shame as I had a beautiful Thuringer that I was hoping to show but without a standard it would be impossible -- so far I've gone by pictures.  Frankly, I was disappointed in the lack of response by the Bantamclub.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2019, 11:37:35 AM »
  As a member I'm requesting a copy of the colour standard.

Forget that.  Despite what the ABA promises they do not supply "inactive standards."  It's a shame as I had a beautiful Thuringer that I was hoping to show but without a standard it would be impossible -- so far I've gone by pictures.  Frankly, I was disappointed in the lack of response by the Bantamclub.

Sue, are you sure they even have a standard for Blue Silver?   I'm not aware of any other breed for that is a recognized color variety.  Maybe O.E. Games?
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2019, 12:33:42 PM »
Sue, are you sure they even have a standard for Blue Silver?   I'm not aware of any other breed for that is a recognized color variety.  Maybe O.E. Games?
Howdy Mike

Perhaps in this case no.  I may have at the original time of posting confused it with Silver Blue.

Sue