Author Topic: 2022 National Meet Bids  (Read 548 times)

Michael Muenks

• Administrator
  • Associate
2022 National Meet Bids
« on: October 18, 2021, 12:34:22 PM »
Greetings all! It is time to think about the 2022 National Meet venue. Any member may solicit bids from show clubs for the hosting of the national meet. The bids from show clubs need to be emailed to Michael_Muenks@yahoo.com no later than November 1, 2021.

When the board evaluates proposals from show clubs, the following information is helpful.

•   2022 show date(s)
•   One or two-day show, if a one day show the ability to coop out on Sunday
•   Any special awards for breed national meets
•   Any club premiums for national meets
•   State health requirements for out of state attendees
•   Entry fee for individual birds and trios
•   Availability of a club table
•   Space for an Ameraucana Alliance egg show/competition
•   Space for an Ameraucana Alliance silent auction
•   Meeting room for seminar and evening meals
•   A Junior Show
•   Single or Double Show

If you have questions, please let me know,

Michael

Michael Muenks

• Administrator
  • Associate
Re: 2022 National Meet Bids
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 12:39:33 PM »
I am aware of the following 2022 National Meet bid requests.

Central Indiana Poultry Show
Eastern Iowa Poultry Association
Missouri State Poultry Association Fall Show
Nebraska State Poultry Association
Central Illinois Poultry Club
Heart of the Ozarks Poultry Club Show

Janet Tipton

• Associate
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 12:52:00 PM »
Utah Fancy Poultry was supposed to submit a bid.  Did it come through or do I need to have her resend?

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2021, 01:00:00 PM »
Also remember to include...
At least two members, that plan to attend the show, must agree to organize our National Meet there before a bid is considered.

FYI...here is a link to my old post with my list of items to consider when placing an Ameraucana National Meet.  Some of the items on my list are the same as Michael's list.

Personally I see a separate Junior Show as a negative and shows that have competition with awards for juniors above and beyond the an all inclusive open show are preferred. 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 10:12:06 AM by John W Blehm »

Michael Muenks

• Administrator
  • Associate
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2021, 01:46:28 PM »
Utah Fancy Poultry was supposed to submit a bid.  Did it come through or do I need to have her resend?

I do not find one in my email. Please have them resend it.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2021, 05:33:41 PM »
Here are some details of our offer for comment and consideration...

Quote from: email Tue 10/26/2021
Michael,

Please accept this email as our offer to host an Ameraucana national meet at my little 25 acre farm on Saturday, October 1st, 2022 with coop-in all day Friday September 30th and coop-out all day Sunday October 2nd.  This would be an Ameraucana only show, with entries by Alliance members only, with sanctioned ABA & APA meets, similar to what we did in last year.  The main difference would be that this would be done “lawn show” style, with entries housed, fed and watered in their transport coops and placed in show coops just for judging and champion row.  A tent will be setup at the entrance to the show barn to house the entries in their transporting coops.  After a variety or sex class is setup and judged another will be judged and so on.  The judge will leave the area while birds are moved to and from show coops by their owners and helpers.  The judge will be encouraged to verbally critique birds as he judges.  Exhibitors will be able to ask questions of the judge only after all judging is complete. 
                We offer a barrier-free restroom and heated pavilion with seating for 48 or more.  The entry fee will be $4/bird.  The entry fees, silent auction/raffle income, income above the cost of meals and any donations will be used to pay the judge and his lodging, a tent, wood shavings, ABA sanctioning and miscellaneous.  RVs, etc. are welcome and we offer electrical hookup with their extension cords.  We are just 7.5 miles from I-75 exit #136, in Birch Run, Michigan.  Birch Run and Frankenmuth are very popular tourist towns with many hotels & restaurants.       
                Whether this is placed as a single Ameraucana National Meet or a Northern or Eastern to complement a second 2022 national I know this would be one that folks will long remember as being very “intimate” and special!...
                Russ Blair and Jeff Sonsalla have agreed to help organize this meet with me and some images are attached that may help with your decision.  Please contact me with any questions and concerns about the offer.

Sincerely,

John W Blehm