Author Topic: 2022 Goals  (Read 682 times)

Kalin McClure

2022 Goals
« on: December 31, 2021, 09:46:07 AM »
Happy NYE!  2022 is coming in hot and I’d love to hear your goals for the coming year.  Maybe we can check in at the end of the year to see how we did.

For myself:

• First and foremost, keep everyone alive!  I found a dead Least Weasel in the yard (courtesy of one of the cats), which makes me very nervous. 
  • Breed 5+ breeders in Blue, Buff and Splash that are better than their parents.
  • Continue to grow out my extra cockerels into respectable young gents and share them with my local backyard chicken community.
  • Spread the Ameraucana bug to at least 1-2 more people and continue to educate on the difference between them and EEs.
  • On that note, start the farm blog I’ve been thinking of starting for the last year+!

Michael Muenks

• Administrator
  • Associate
Re: 2022 Goals
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2022, 07:01:21 AM »
Happy New Year! 2022 is definitely upon us and I do have a few early chicks started. Goals for 2022 at Bantam Hill are the following:

1. Finish building out pens in the barn loft.
2. Hatch out two generations of buff bantam Ameraucana improvement project chicks.
3. Hatch out two generations of brown red Ameraucana improvement project chicks.
4. Achieve 80% egg fertility, 80% hatch rate for fertile eggs, and 80% chick survival.
5. Hatch out large fowl silver, brown red, and black Ameraucana where 25% of the offspring are better than their parents.
6. Establish black, wheaten/blue wheaten, and white bantam Ameraucana clans.
7. Hatch out at least 25 white bantam Chantecler chicks.
8. Determine a variety of American Game chickens to keep.
9. Have a new Bantam Hill logo designed.

Steve Neumann

• Associate
Re: 2022 Goals
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 01:41:27 PM »
  • Breed and produce a real quality silver LF male to show in the fall
  • Sell and spread stock from my Light Ameraucana project so I don't feel pressure to keep so many males in that variety
  • Build 3 new pens
  • Continue to downsize and maximize efficiency to reduce feed expenses
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 01:45:55 PM by Steve Neumann »