Author Topic: embryonic deaths  (Read 1028 times)

Pedro Nunes Marques

• Associate
  • Ameraucana Brasil
    • Criatório Amerucana Brasil
embryonic deaths
« on: January 06, 2022, 07:22:44 AM »
Hello Friends, I have had many embryonic deaths.
 They die in the initial stage of incubation.
Are Ameraucans more susceptible to these deaths?

Or may I have some other problem?
They are eggs that I mail to friends
Thanks!

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: embryonic deaths
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2022, 10:03:16 AM »
There are many possible reasons for early embryo deaths.   Among them are:  too close inbreeding, insufficient diet for the breeder flock, and subclinical disease passed on from the hen through the egg.  Another possible reason is improper storage of the eggs prior to incubating them (too high or too low temperature before incubation).   Another is incubation of eggs that are too old - I seldom set eggs that are more than 7 days old.    Perhaps others can suggest other reasons here.   The most common reason for me is too close inbreeding, but that is just one of many possible issues.
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2022, 11:00:08 AM »
I think I only see some initial development in one photo.  You have to open the end of the end and do a "breakout analysis" to verify they actually started developing as opposed to not being fertile.

Early embryonic mortality
Early embryonic death, even if it occurs during the first days of incubation, can usually be ascribed to problems before the actual start of incubation. However, thermal conditions during early incubation itself may also play a role, such as an incorrect setpoint, too slow or too fast heating-up or poor uniformity caused by the inconsistent workings of equipment or those operating it.

Here is a link to a topic about hatching egg storage and pre-heating eggs before incubating.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2022, 02:33:12 PM »
Thanks Mike,
When it comes to consensus, we have already informed you that there are three United States states that there are 3 parties here in Brazil. I have two Blue Chickens, I think I can use candles to alter the blood and create another separate batch, do you agree?
I believe that I must have a logo but some pretense
Diet is insufficient
Subclinical transmissions of the gallbladder passed through the eye are a factor in considering taking any exams with a veterinarian

John, I'm going to be trying to form a ball with a very strong brand and signal that I'm not the most intact and have a start on the embryo.
Thank you for the link

Above is what the online translator came up with, but much is lost in the translation.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 03:37:51 PM by John W Blehm »

Pedro Nunes Marques

• Associate
  • Ameraucana Brasil
    • Criatório Amerucana Brasil
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2022, 04:44:28 PM »
Sorry my message was not translated to English.

I feel the Google translation is not good, but I understand perfectly what you write

Thanks Mike,

When inbreeding I cannot inform are eggs that came from the United States and are in the 3rd generation here in Brazil. I have two Blue Chickens, I think I can use them to alter the blood and create another separate batch, do you agree?
I believe I must bring some more blacks soon
the diet is insufficient
Subclinical chicken-borne diseases are a factor to consider by doing some tests with a veterinarian.

John, in my opinion, when the pouch starts to form with a very strong mark, it is a sign that the yolk is no longer intact and there is a start in the embryo.
Thank you for the link

Justin Snyder

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2022, 05:19:29 PM »
Shipped eggs are hard to hatch. It looks like you may have detached air cells from handling. Like John said, I don't see that they started to develop.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2022, 08:41:48 PM »
Pedro, I don't know if this will help or not, but here is a link to an article about diagnosing incubation problems.      http://extension.msstate.edu/content/trouble-shooting-failures-egg-incubation
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13