Author Topic: Show cancellations  (Read 2879 times)

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
Show cancellations
« on: May 18, 2015, 07:16:11 PM »
MN
**Minnesota has cancelled  all poultry shows, swap meets, and poultry at petting zoos for the remainder of 2015

NY                                                                                                                                                                             
**Finger Lakes Feather Club Show - Syracuse, NY - CANCELLED due to AI outbreak - originally scheduled for June 7
**New York State Fair Poultry Show - Syracuse, NY - CANCELLED due to AI outbreak - originally scheduled for August

PA
**All Pennsylvania Fair Poultry Shows are cancelled until further notice.

WI
** Coulee Region Poultry Club Show - Galesville, WI - CANCELLED due to AI outbreak - originally scheduled for June 6,.  This was Mike's show that he previously announced.
ALSO NOTE 
** Poultry from Chippewa, Jefferson, Barron, and Juneau Counties will not be permitted entry to poultry swaps because of the avian flu outbreak there.

ONTARIO
**Huron County Poultry Club Show - Clinton, Ontario - originally scheduled for June 6,  but now planned for  next yr.
**PoultryFest Niagara - Smithville, Ontario - CANCELLED due to AI outbreak - originally scheduled for June 27,
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 03:22:31 PM by BrownEyes »

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
Re: Show cancellations
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 02:29:47 PM »
Just got word the Central Illinois Poultry Club Show, where we have a meet placed, has been moved from June 13th to October 3rd due to the AI outbreak.
Beth Curran

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 03:14:50 PM »
The entire state of Indiana has canceled all poultry exhibitions, swaps, shows, etc. through the of the year.    No state fair poultry in that state this year.  I could not see anything in the announcement that would prevent people from showing out of state however, or shipping birds to out of state customers.
The question is, will shows accept entries from infected states?    What will the FowlFest policy be on this John?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 03:17:58 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 07:22:01 PM »
Given the commercial poultry industry here, I'm actually kind of surprised that NC hasn't shut down interstate shipping. Or if they have, I haven't heard about it.
Beth Curran

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 07:33:19 PM »
The entire state of Indiana has canceled all poultry exhibitions, swaps, shows, etc. through the of the year.    No state fair poultry in that state this year.  I could not see anything in the announcement that would prevent people from showing out of state however, or shipping birds to out of state customers.
The question is, will shows accept entries from infected states?    What will the FowlFest policy be on this John?

I'm a member of the Michigan Poultry Fanciers show club that puts on the Fowl Fest, but I'm not an officer.  My best guess is the show will go on as planned with the usual requirements, unless the state dictates otherwise. 
I feel it is foolish for states to come up with the no shows/swaps thru 12/31/2015 moratorium.  So far the problem is a spring, migrating one.  Why 12/31?  Why not June 30th, October 15th, February 14th or some other arbitrary date?  Is a logical date too much to ask from a government...wait, I guess I already knew the answer before typing the question.

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 10:37:36 PM »
Interesting stats from the Livestock conservancy on the outbreak.