Author Topic: Ameraucana portraits, by Rusty Hart  (Read 1285 times)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Ameraucana portraits, by Rusty Hart
« on: May 14, 2022, 12:11:51 PM »
I have seven (updated from six) pairs of pencil-colored Ameraucana portraits for sale. These are offered as male and female pairs of the same variety on 11" by 14" card stock. They are not matted or framed.
The initial price is $300 per pair (my cost) with postage included. Email me (John at AmeraucanaChickens.org) if you would like to buy one or more pairs, so I don't double sell any. Then send check to me for payment. Any that don't sell before our North Central Ameraucana National will be auctioned at that time.
These portraits were commissioned by me and were used in a book, Ameraucana Chickens, that will be available soon.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 02:50:44 PM by John W Blehm »

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Ameraucana portraits, by Rusty Hart
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 12:13:33 PM »
...and three more.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2022, 01:38:55 PM »
John, I'm counting seven sets and you said six are for sale.   Does that mean you are keeping one set?     I may have been interested in the Silvers, but the female is disproportionately large compared with the Silver male.   Otherwise I think he did a real decent job on them. 
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2022, 03:02:07 PM »
John, I'm counting seven sets and you said six are for sale.   Does that mean you are keeping one set?     I may have been interested in the Silvers, but the female is disproportionately large compared with the Silver male.   Otherwise I think he did a real decent job on them.

Seven is correct.
These are all individual portraits and what you see are photos of them. The photos have been cropped, so  the sizes you see don't necessarily reflect the sizes of the actual portraits.  These are all drawn and colored on 11" high by 14" wide card stock.  As I look at the two silver portraits, here on my desk, I can see the male is a bit taller/bigger than the female. The photos of the portraits were taken outdoors and again won't necessarily show the colors exactly as they are on the portraits and different monitors may also show colors differently.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2022, 03:40:19 PM »
I did end up keeping the portraits of the buffs for myself and they are now hanging in my office. Mike Gilbert has portraits of wheatens.
The others sold on the silent auction during my Blehm Backyard Chicken Show here a couple weeks ago.
FYI...Jerry De Smidt bought the portraits of the whites and blacks. Bob Rennolet bought the brown reds, lavenders, silvers and blues.