Author Topic: Self Blue Photo committee  (Read 372 times)

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
Self Blue Photo committee
« on: January 14, 2023, 12:12:57 PM »
Hello my fellow Ameraucana Alliance members. I just want to inform everyone as your new president I am currently putting together a committee to pick photos of a standard bred large Fowl cock, hen, cockerel, pullet, and chick or chicks of the self blue variety for our website photo section. With Hatching season upon us it will be a good time to take some chick photos, which is why I am posting this so soon. I may need a volunteer (dues paying) to assist if needed and will definitely be asking for photos from our members. So please keep this in mind and I will keep everyone up to date on our progress and post more information as soon as possible.

Thanks, Russ Blair
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 12:14:51 PM by Russ Blair »
S.E. Michigan

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Self Blue Photo committee
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2023, 12:43:20 PM »
Hello everyone I am glad to announce we officially have a committee to submit member photos of the large fowl variety of self blue. The committee consists of Mike Gilbert, Janie Vila, and myself (Russ Blair). We are looking for photos, from our dues paying members, of their large fowl self blue to add to our picture section on or website. As a reminder this means we need pictures of not only adult male and female (please include cock, cockerel, hen, pullet with admitted photos) large fowl self blue but also chick photos. Since large fowl self blue are now a recognized variety we need to get this updated. So if you want your birds to be displayed on our website please send quality pictures, I recommend members water mark them, to Janie or myself. Our contact information can be found at ameraucana.org under the director tab I believe? If not just leave a message under this thread and we will message you. If any of our members want to be involved in this committee we would gladly accept another set of eyes to look over them and be involved in the process. Remember if you are a dues paying member this is also your club and I will always welcome any volunteers that have the willingness to help. Thanks for reading and allowing me to serve.
S.E. Michigan

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Self Blue Photo committee
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2023, 02:44:24 PM »
The subcommittee for the large fowl Photos, to update our photos section, has agreed to accept Bantam self blue and splash as well. Since both of those varieties have been accepted by the ABA we figured we might as well get those updated as well. So if you have some nice photos of any of thes varieties and want to submit them to us for consideration please send them to Janie Vila or myself. I highly recommend you watermark them so no one can steal them for false advertising. Yes that has happened believe it or not.
S.E. Michigan