Author Topic: Reminder!  (Read 1500 times)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Reminder!
« on: April 03, 2023, 10:00:15 PM »
We do have an Alliance Meet at our local Coulee Region Poultry Club show on Saturday, June 3rd.   Our show is held on the Trempealeau County fairgrounds in Galesville, Wisconsin.  The show catalog is scheduled to be done by April 15th, and our secretary has decided on an entry deadline date of May 19th.   This year our judges will be Phil Bartz, Diana Dahir, and Jeff Halbach.  There will be special CRPC awards for the winning Ameraucanas.  Camping is available on the fairgrounds for a nominal fee.  The fair board does not permit alcoholic beverages on the grounds, but the town has several bars and restaurants.   The last I heard the Rennolets and Muenks' will be there, and probably quite a few other Alliance members.   Why not plan to join us?   This is a one day, single judged show, and we usually release birds by about 3:30 p.m. or so.  If you are thinking about it, and have questions, please get back to me.   The catalog will be available at PoultryShowCentral.com.  It's a great time of year to visit the beautiful coulee region of Western Wisconsin. 
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Reminder!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2023, 05:28:28 PM »
Here is a link to our 2023 CRPC show catalog.   Keep scrolling down - there are 21 pages and some are blank.   Since we have no secretary anymore, who should we have listed as the Alliance contact person?   Right now we are showing Michael, but that can be corrected if necessary.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-PDDJahGETPos59F1svU9IwzDvY_ycP0/view?fbclid=IwAR15M6piVxKlu-RTHvWZ2KHHyHrS6AFVrKxURnaauzeLGN-5KL2LXJy4pVI
« Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 06:07:58 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2023, 09:34:39 AM »
Mike I believe the wife and I may try to make the trip out for it this year. I have an appointment on June 2 with an oral surgeon but I think I can still swing it. I may just have to coop in that Saturday.
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2023, 09:44:00 PM »
One final reminder.   The entry deadline for our show is May 20th.   Hoping to see many of you there!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 12:43:47 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert

Michael Muenks

• Administrator
  • Associate
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2023, 09:27:06 AM »
My entry is in the mail. See you in June.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2023, 02:06:53 PM »
Exciting news for our show!   Cindy Rusk has generously donated $100 for BB and RB Call Ducks shown by a junior exhibitor.   Cindy is a grand master exhibtor of Calls, and likes to promote them with the future of the fancy - our youth.   If you already sent your entry, it's not too late to amend it.
Mike Gilbert

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2023, 09:34:56 AM »
Wow that’s awful generous of her. That’s what makes this fancy so great, the generosity given to youth exhibitors  ;)
S.E. Michigan

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2023, 11:16:17 AM »
Just put my entry in the mail. 2-LF Ameraucana 6-bantam Ameraucana and 2-bantam old English.
S.E. Michigan

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2023, 06:23:19 PM »
Safe travels to all attending this show. It’s going to be a great time with a great group of people. I tried bringing at least one of every variety I am raising. Unfortunately feathers are starting to drop on a lot of my birds so it’s slim pickings. Here they are getting a little sun and fresh air before their journey tomorrow.
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2023, 08:45:34 AM »
We had a really nice show June 3rd.   Mary and I certainly enjoyed hosting Michael and Anastasia Muenks, Russ and Nicole Blair, and Bob and Sandy Rennolet.  The show had only 731 entries this year, but there were 98 entered in the AOCCL class, as we had both Alliance and Chantecler meets.  I forgot to take a camera, but my friend Nate Rynish (also my APA director) took photos of all the winners, and he sent me this one of the reserve AOCCL, a Blue Wheaten hen.  Hopefully someone else will post photos of the other winners.  Jeff Halbach judged the AOCCL class.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 06:50:53 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2023, 06:49:21 PM »
Russ Blair did very well at our CRPC Alliance Meet.   Top LF Ameraucana and reserve AOSB on his Blue cockerel. Phil Bartz judged the AOSB class.   Congratulations, Russ!   It was great to have you and Nicole in for the weekend.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 06:51:33 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2023, 06:26:28 AM »
Thanks for having us Mike, it was a great weekend and a great show as well. Don’t let the numbers fool anyone, the show halls were full of quality birds. Between Mike and Jim they go above and beyond putting top shelf birds in the hands of all the youth in that area. When I saw Mike Gilbert’s Partridge Character (and Blue Wheaten Hens) and Michael Muenks White Chantecler (with all the great Ameraucana) I knew the AOCCL class was going to be extremely tough. Mary and Mike are great host and Nicole and I truly enjoyed ourselves, I don’t remember the last time I laughed so much, which is easy to do with Bob and Sandy around sharing there great stories as well.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 06:41:24 AM by Russ Blair »
S.E. Michigan

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2023, 06:51:47 AM »
Unfortunately we all were so busy enjoying ourselves we didn’t get an Alliance member group picture. Luckily Ann took the initiative and grabbed one while tearing down. From left to right here is Rachel Dunn, Ann Dunn, Michael Muenks, Myself and Jeff Sonsalla. Missing members would be Anne and Scott Lepak, Bob Rennolet, and Mike Gilbert. So there was a great turnout of Ameraucana Alliance members as well as Ameraucana. Oh thanks Stacy Melton for the great shirt I am wearing, if anyone would like one just contact her. She had a bunch made and is selling them for what she has in them which is a really great price  ;)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 06:56:06 AM by Russ Blair »
S.E. Michigan

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2023, 04:33:40 PM »
A little bling I happen to be be blessed to win.
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2023, 05:07:59 PM »
A little bling I happen to be be blessed to win.

Russ, I didn't even realize you took RB bantam.   What kind?  I was wondering who took that award.   Also, did you do a show report?  Or do I need to send one after I get the results from Jim?  He has that all computerized using Steve Tone's show program.   We just pay a small royalty on a per entry basis.
Mike Gilbert