Author Topic: Fall 2023 Newsletter  (Read 506 times)

Michael Muenks

• Administrator
  • Associate
Fall 2023 Newsletter
« on: September 01, 2023, 10:55:43 AM »
The Fall 2023 Ameraucana Alliance Newsletters have been emailed to members who receive them electronically. Have a great Labor Day weekend.

Michael Muenks

• Administrator
  • Associate
Re: Fall 2023 Newsletter
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2023, 06:02:25 PM »
For Ameraucana Alliance club members that pay for paper copies of the newsletter, the paper newsletters were mailed today. Watch your mailbox for them next week.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2023, 12:42:38 PM »
For Ameraucana Alliance club members that pay for paper copies of the newsletter, the paper newsletters were mailed today. Watch your mailbox for them next week.

Thank you, Michael, for stepping up to help out in a time of need.  Much appreciated.
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Michael Muenks

• Administrator
  • Associate
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2023, 10:19:55 AM »
Glad to help.  :) ;) :)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2023, 04:27:19 PM »
Received my paper copy today, September 6th.  Janie's message starting on page 2 resonates with me.   I think I spent more on feed this year than ever before.  Granted, I raised a lot of large fowl Buff Chanteclers, but feed costs in my area have gone through the roof.  I expect to cut back on the hatches next year, just not sure yet which varieties to let go.  So many breeding projects near completion, and a person hates to just throw that away.  In Ameraucanas I know the Silver bantams are staying, along with bantam Wheaten and Blue Wheaten.   Anyway, it was a very nice newsletter.  My congratulations and thanks to those who contributed with material and to those who did the work to produce it.
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Michael Muenks

• Administrator
  • Associate
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2023, 01:01:41 PM »
I had to agree with Janie's thoughts myself. All projects and one of breeds I have have already gone to the sale barn and I have prioritized the order of what I will keep if I need to scale back more. I have a few random "eye candy" birds that are going away this weekend. On the upside, I'm pretty sure focusing on fewer breeds & varieties means better quality in those. At least, that is what I keep telling myself.

Max Strawn

• Lifetime Member
  • Associate
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2023, 11:17:12 AM »
I spent $244 on 500 pounds of feed last week. >:( That lasts about two weeks. Feed prices have gotten out of hand. I too will be eliminating some this fall.

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2023, 11:45:47 AM »
Unfortunately I am hard headed and actually just pulled another small select batch of chicks out of the hatcher. With 3 being bantam buff and 1 bantam silver Ameraucana.  :-\  Thanks again  Michael for stepping in and publishing it.
S.E. Michigan