Author Topic: Willingness to get Bantam Splash Ameraucana recognized by the APA  (Read 242 times)

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
I just want to announce that I am currently testing the waters to see if there’s enough breeders, and willingness to attempt to get the splash bantam recognized by the APA. This is the very beginning stages and it will not happen overnight. I need to know how many breeders would help, how many have bred them for 5years or more and how many of those breeders have been members of the APA (or would be by the first qualifying meet) for 5 years. Oh there is also a poll I created on the unofficial Alliance Facebook group.

Thanks and God Bless
Russ.
S.E. Michigan

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Willingness to get Bantam Splash Ameraucana recognized by the APA
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2024, 07:17:40 PM »
I have the needed breeders to sign the affadaviits. I am calling my APA district director to see if I need to have the qualifiers done before I send in the petition. Unless someone here knows the answer?
S.E. Michigan

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2024, 10:43:19 AM »
Well I have been told we do not need the two pre qualifier certificates before we send in the petition. So we are currently getting the needed affidavits signed and turned into myself in order to start the process. With a new standards committee getting ushered in April I am hoping to get approval and hold the first pre qualifier at the Wisconsin International Show in Portage WI September 28-29, 2024. Which is also the show that is hosting our Northern National Meet as well. So stay tuned  ;)
S.E. Michigan

Jessica Loree

• Lifetime Member
    • Gypsy Hen
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2024, 09:59:03 PM »
Have there been any updates on where things are at on this? 

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2024, 05:21:52 PM »
I am waiting for the APA to vote in the new standard committee members. With an unexpected death in the family and some other personal issues I am currently going through it is buying me the much needed time I need to reflect on a few things. If you are willing to help it would be appreciated, I am still hoping to get enough entries of splash bantams at our northern National meet to count as a pre-qualifier. Of course this is the year my blue and splash bantams are slow to start laying. I am just now getting eggs from 3 of the 6 pens I have. If anyone was wondering, for a pre-qualifier we will need 4 cock, 4 hen, 4 cockerel, and 4 pullets. I will have 2 cocks and the hen and cocks will be the hardest entries to fill. I believe they are voting the new standard committee members in April so I will keep everyone informed as soon as I get confirmation.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 09:44:58 AM by Russ Blair »
S.E. Michigan

Jessica Loree

• Lifetime Member
    • Gypsy Hen
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2024, 10:31:18 PM »
I can cover any needed SB bantam cocks or hens. Please keep me in the loop.  8)

Laurie Ashley

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2024, 06:12:53 PM »
Ive got one Bantam Splash cockerel.  Willing to take home, condition and show any other extra boys if people have them and dont want the extra boys hanging out.