Author Topic: Celebrating Ameraucana in Dairyland - National Meet  (Read 329 times)

Michael Muenks

• Lifetime Member
  • Associate
Celebrating Ameraucana in Dairyland - National Meet
« on: May 15, 2024, 10:56:15 AM »
As you may be aware the Ameraucana Alliance has two national meets this year, one of which is at the Wisconsin International show September 28-29, 2024 in Portage, WI.

There are many jobs that need to be done such as taking pictures of the BV and RV, posting pictures on the forum, the meet report, calculating display points, taking notes at the club meeting, organizing the egg show, organizing a silent auction, promotion, and staffing a club table.

There are also nice to have items such as a club meal/social gathering, coloring contest, word searches, virtual auction, virtual cast of events, social media postings, raffle, Question and Answer session, a seminar on an Ameraucana topic/variety/genetics, and any other great ideas people have.

If you are interested in helping or know of someone who would be interested in helping with the national meet in Wisconsin, please let me know. Many hands make light work.

Thank you to Jeff and Jessica for being willing to help and of course to our president Russ for his guidance and support.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2024, 11:14:17 AM by Michael Muenks »

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Celebrating Ameraucana in Dairyland - National Meet
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2024, 03:59:57 PM »
Thanks for the update Michael and all the information. God willing I will be attending and will gladly donate a pair or trio of  Ameraucana, most likely bantam but it’s still too early to tell. I will also help in any way you need, that my back allows me to. I am sure you will make this another epic National Meet, thank you for your service to our Alliance.
S.E. Michigan

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2024, 07:40:23 PM »
I am pleased to announce our board of directors have voted to allocate $1,120.00 worth of cash awards for this National Meet (if all awards are paid out). I am including a detailed print out of the awards
« Last Edit: August 15, 2024, 03:38:46 PM by Russ Blair »
S.E. Michigan

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2024, 04:57:58 PM »
Looks like the Wisconsin International has their show catalog out here is the link to it for anyone attending.

http://wisconsininternational.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/2024-WIPS-Catalog.pdf

It also looks like the Best Western is their hosting hotel, rooms are $101.99 be sure to mention the show for the discount. Here is there number (608) 742-2200. Just booked our room so they still have some left at that price  ;)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2024, 05:05:09 PM by Russ Blair »
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2024, 07:01:24 PM »
We have stayed at that Best Western before and it is very nice.  That room rate is a bargain!
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Laurie Ashley

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2024, 11:51:36 AM »
Our rooms booked as well!

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2024, 02:44:36 PM »
Here a link to the entry form for the Wisconsin International show that is hosting this National Meet. The entry MUST BE POSTMARKED by September 3. That is this upcoming Tuesday so get those entries in folks before it’s too late. I hope to see a bunch of you there.

http://wisconsininternational.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2024/07/2024-Entry-Form.pdf
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2024, 07:04:37 PM »
Also, if you go to the show's website  http://wisconsininternational.com/wp/  You will find a link to enter and pay online.  NPIP or test papers can either be sent via pdf file or mailed.  To me it was easier to just mail it to the show secretary along with a note as to the date I entered.
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Michael Muenks

• Lifetime Member
  • Associate
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2024, 01:08:10 PM »
A quick reminder that show entries either need to be postmarked today or they need to be completed in Show Commander by 11:59 PM CT today.

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2024, 04:36:43 PM »
Thanks for the reminder Michael. Jeff Halbach will be judging our Bantam and Large Fowl Ameraucana, Incase anyone was wondering.

Michael do we have a list of birds donated for the silent auction by chance? I will most likely be bringing a pair of bantam splash, Incase anyone wanted a decent start in them to help with the APA recognition process.
S.E. Michigan