Author Topic: Gallery, Black Large Fowl Male  (Read 2232 times)

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
Gallery, Black Large Fowl Male
« on: June 12, 2015, 11:26:16 AM »
Susan Moux has pointed out that the Large Black Fowl on our site is actually Clif Redden's, president of the ABC, bird.  Perhaps we should use another?

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Gallery, Black Large Fowl Male
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 11:50:54 AM »
"Several" of the photos they are still using are ones I took of my birds.  There is at least one of Mike's there too that I see, so I don't see a problem that needs any fixing at this point. 
Much of the content on the ABC site and forum was created by me and I originally started both after securing the domain name.  When we reorganized and changed the club name to Ameraucana Alliance, obtained the new domain name to go with it, along with a new website & forum I continued using much of the content we had been using, that I still had access too.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 12:07:50 PM »
Actually, they are using photos of six of my birds on their gallery.  And a couple of Bob Walchak's I believe, who has also switched his membership to Ameraucana Alliance.   
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Tailfeathers

• College
  • Breeder & Exhibitor of WBS Ameraucanas since 2008
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 01:48:32 AM »
Let them use pics of our birds!  But why give them any ammunition to say we are advertising their birds?  Saying "Well, they're doing it too" has never sat well with me.  It's like pointing at someone else's bad behavior to justify your own.  Not saying that's what's being done here.  Just saying it's like that.  Somebody in the AA has gotta be able to get us a good looking pic of a Black.  How about Patti?  Didn't she have a Black that took BB in MT?  Just my two cents.
God Bless,

R. E. Van Blaricome
Seek Ye first the Kingdom of God, and all His Righteousness
- then these things shall be added unto you (Matt. 6:33)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 08:25:10 AM »
Let them use pics of our birds!  But why give them any ammunition to say we are advertising their birds?  Saying "Well, they're doing it too" has never sat well with me.  It's like pointing at someone else's bad behavior to justify your own.  Not saying that's what's being done here.  Just saying it's like that.  Somebody in the AA has gotta be able to get us a good looking pic of a Black.  How about Patti?  Didn't she have a Black that took BB in MT?  Just my two cents.
I agree.    Let's make it a goal to get our own photos in place in our gallery by the end of the year.   Anyone with good photos should send them to John.
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 08:43:08 AM »
My two cents..we are not some new splinter group…we are the original Ameraucana Bantam Club > Ameraucana Breeders Club > Ameraucana Alliance.  That is our history.
I didn’t copy anything/data/files from the splinter group's site, but just continued with what we had before we reorganized and changed the club name.  We have taken the high road and I don't see a detour sign in sight. 
As photos are submitted, by members, I plan to consider them to replace ones we have.  That has been the policy for years.