Author Topic: Chickens RIP  (Read 6326 times)

Cesar Villegas

• Associate
Re: Chickens RIP
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2015, 05:28:57 PM »
Hi Patti, What's a swamp?  And I guess you usual special farm & not regular household fans too?

thanks  brownie

BrownEyes, I believe she meant a swamp cooler(evaporative cooler)

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2015, 06:31:00 PM »
Thanks Cesar. I've heard about them when I lived in FLA.  they don't have much use up north so I'm not very familiar with them.

Patti Jordan

• JPS Poultry
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2015, 06:46:23 PM »
Hi Patti, What's a swamp?  And I guess you usual special farm & not regular household fans too?

thanks  brownie

Yes, evaporative coolers  :)  I have a barn and use regular house oscillating or box fans and set them up behind free standing misters to circulate the cool air around - works great.  I normally just buy the cheap fans, under $20.00, and normally get a couple years use out of them.  Out in the coops where I can't put one of these fans, I just have mist lines running and wet down the coops in areas so they can keep cool. 

Tailfeathers

• College
  • Breeder & Exhibitor of WBS Ameraucanas since 2008
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2015, 10:43:29 PM »
It hit about 95+ here today.  Pretty hot for these parts.  Broke out in a really good sweat just unloading the back of the truck from a feedstore run.  A lot of birds standing around with their wings out but enough of a breeze to not be a problem.  Starting to cool down now and am heading back outside to make my rounds to fill feeders and waterers.
God Bless,

R. E. Van Blaricome
Seek Ye first the Kingdom of God, and all His Righteousness
- then these things shall be added unto you (Matt. 6:33)

Patti Jordan

• JPS Poultry
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2015, 10:54:50 AM »
It hit about 95+ here today.  Pretty hot for these parts.  Broke out in a really good sweat just unloading the back of the truck from a feedstore run.  A lot of birds standing around with their wings out but enough of a breeze to not be a problem.  Starting to cool down now and am heading back outside to make my rounds to fill feeders and waterers.

Hi Royce, now that is warm for WA  :(  Glad you're birds are fairing well in the weather.