Author Topic: Wisconsin is Back  (Read 2201 times)

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
Wisconsin is Back
« on: June 28, 2015, 07:40:24 PM »
Wisconsin is now  one of two states in the Midwest that plans to continue to allow chickens, turkeys and other poultry to appear in public shows and exhibitions this year. Minnesota, Iowa, Michigan and other Midwestern states have canceled poultry shows at state and local fairs. The only other state in the region allowing shows to continue is Illinois,

http://www.channel3000.com/news/state-lifts-its-last-5-bird-flu-control-zones/33509400

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Wisconsin is Back
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 08:25:46 PM »
Only shows at fairs are allowed in Wisconsin this year.   Open shows like the ones we put on and attend are not allowed.  Many of the fair shows in our area are limited to junior exhibitors.   
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 08:14:11 PM »
Well Mike, that's quite a difference from the news report so I guess it was overly general.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 07:41:00 AM »
 Sue, here is a quote from the article you posted.  It was easy to miss this part.   I added the part in red.

"The decision allows poultry producers to bring birds to state, district and county fairs in Wisconsin if they certify that they have not had a death on their farm within 10 days of the show.(Note - this applies to in-state residents only)

The decision also says that club or "open" shows and swap meets that may draw out-of-state birds will not be allowed through the end of the year."
End of quote.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 07:43:15 AM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 01:05:31 AM »
Thanks for pointing out my oversight mike.  Much appreciated.  So I guess Wisconsin is partly back :-)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 08:24:55 AM »
Thanks for pointing out my oversight mike.  Much appreciated.  So I guess Wisconsin is partly back :-)

Yah - I entered a few birds at State Fair for the first time ever, as it may be my only opportunity to show this year.   It's a four hour drive across the state in the Milwaukee area, and it's held in early August. 
Mike Gilbert

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 02:57:17 PM »
Good luck.  4 hours is better than a lot of other alternatives in your neck of the woods.