Author Topic: White Bantams  (Read 1837 times)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
White Bantams
« on: July 31, 2015, 04:47:06 PM »
Can deliver 2015 hatched white bantams to our national meet at Lebanon, Indiana, scheduled for October 17th.   These are still growing out, but pictured below is the breeding male I used this year.   These are Walchak line whites.   Bob won many national meet egg contests with them.  Contact me soon as they won't last long.  Click on the photo to enlarge it for a better view.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 11:08:22 AM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
Re: White Bantams
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 01:09:51 PM »
Gee, I guess I didn't post? I really thought I did, but it's been a hectic summer.  So yes Mike I am interested, the shot above is beauty and I've been searching for Ameraucana whites for a long time; the few I have found with them won't sell.  Bummer.  So Mike, are you the only ones with the "Walchak" line? And I guess he only did bantams?  Whatever you can spare is fine.

Thanks Brownie

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 02:01:05 PM »
Bob sold quite a few birds out west the last year he had them.   He and Jerry DeSmidt sold back and forth too if I remember correctly.   Yes, Sue, I have you marked down for a pair or a trio to deliver at Lebanon.  The better ones are all spoken for at this point.
Mike Gilbert

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 02:39:41 PM »
Thanks Mike, but to be honest whatever I get I consider the cream of the crop, so you've made my day.  BTW did Bob Walchak ever do large? 

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 03:15:18 PM »
Nope, Bob only did bantams.   He got started when his three sons were in 4-H poultry projects and took it over from them.
Mike Gilbert