Author Topic: Ameraucana National Meet in Lebanon, IN  (Read 24073 times)

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
Re: Ameraucana National Meet in Lebanon, IN
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2015, 09:12:55 AM »
Thank you, Harold! Wish you could be there... :'(
Beth Curran

Tailfeathers

• College
  • Breeder & Exhibitor of WBS Ameraucanas since 2008
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2015, 04:17:06 AM »
I so wish I could make it.  As it is now I'm not sure I'll have any birds in condition for an October show.  My birds are in terrible shape right now.  I'm hoping they'll finish by the time the November show happens.  I do have a few pullets catching my eye though.  Not sure if they'll be of enough size by October or November though.

If anyone my way is going to the Nationals, let me know.  Maybe I could help with the gas in exchange for taking some birds to the show.  If I don't make it though, ya know I wish y'all the best show, have lots of fun and fellowship, and "Go Ameraucanas!"
God Bless,

R. E. Van Blaricome
Seek Ye first the Kingdom of God, and all His Righteousness
- then these things shall be added unto you (Matt. 6:33)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2015, 12:28:29 PM »
How about a "show of hands" of those who plan to attend the National Meet in October?     I will list a few that I know for sure plan to attend,   because they may not use the forum often.   Please indicate if you plan to show birds, eggs, or both.   Jim Fegan can't make it this year because of his ministerial duties for two churches. 

Bob and Sandy Rennolet  (birds)
The Gilberts  (birds)   doubt if the pullets will be laying yet by that time
Neil and Donna Townsend (  ?   )
Gina Neta  (birds - maybe)
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2015, 02:12:49 PM »
Just from this thread I and few others will be there.  Michael said in the newsletter he will be there.

I received my show catalog in the mail today.  Contact Ron or Doug if you want one sent to you.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2015, 02:22:05 PM »
I printed mine off from the link you provided earlier.   I will need until the deadline for entries, October 5th, to figure out which birds will be in condition to show. 
Mike Gilbert

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2015, 02:42:03 PM »
I will need until the deadline for entries, October 5th, to figure out which birds will be in condition to show. 
Pretty much the same here, but quantity may trump quality.  It's always more about being there than winning and since Russ is bringing the winning birds that area is already taken care of. ;)
Everyone please remember to come whether you have birds to show or not.  The annual Ameraucana National Meet is our opportunity to check on the birds entered, but more importantly it is a time of fellowship for those of us with a common interest. 
Please don't forget to bring eggs for that contest.  We have great prizes for you.  The rules were posted earlier in this thread.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 11:00:17 AM by John W Blehm »

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2015, 04:54:20 PM »
The family and I will be attending with Birds. I doubt pullets will be laying well enough for eggs and my Hens have began to molt so egg production is way down. Looks to me that the youth can only enter either or instead of double entry in youth and open show so they will probably only bring 1 bird each, possibly a few call ducks. If it wasn't apparent in my post I am extremely excited for this show and fellowship 😃😃😃. Looking forward to seeing you all there.
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2015, 07:02:29 PM »
Russ, you have a P.M.
Mike Gilbert

Jerry Segler

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2015, 10:35:44 AM »
I plan to go and enter a few birds . Got to decide soon on which birds . I will be gone the last couple weeks before the deadline . So it is crunch time already . I hope my choices do not go into molt while I am gone

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2015, 08:22:03 PM »
Great Jerry.  I was hoping to here you plan to be there. 

Hey, Denise...you are also just over into the next state, any plans?

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2015, 05:29:47 PM »
Fuzz & I plan to be there. As of now the plan is to get there Friday afternoon and leave Sunday morning. We are staying at the Comfort Inn, too.

I will need until the deadline for entries, October 5th, to figure out which birds will be in condition to show. 

Ditto. Even then I'll end up scratching one or two. I will try to bring as many as I can fit. They won't all be in show condition, but I hope they hurry up with their molt - can't bring 'em naked!  ;D

At the moment, I have exactly ONE bird laying on the entire place, a lavender hen. She lays a nice egg, just hope she continues to do so for another month...

This will be my first time taking birds out of state - anything I should know? Do I need to get some type of health certificate? I'm going to try to get the testers out here anyway because, although I'm NPIP, most of the birds hatched after the flock was tested, so they don't have bands.

Also, in NC we are required to show our poultry/ratite license if we bring birds to sell. Anyone know what IN requires?
Beth Curran

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2015, 07:20:49 PM »
Beth,

All I do is put my NPIP flock # (mine is 34-208) on the entry form, whether it is asked for or not on the form.  Since your flock (breeders) were tested all your birds hatched from them are also covered that go to the show, for any reason (exhibition, sale, showmanship, etc.).  I showed there last year...no problem.

FYI, Doug Ackers told me in an email back on July 13th...
Open to all states. No additional requirements. Just Have NPIP as always in case it's needed.

Stan Alder

• Associate
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2015, 11:12:54 PM »

Also, in NC we are required to show our poultry/ratite license if we bring birds to sell. Anyone know what IN requires?

Hope you're not planning to sell Lavenders!...Save those for me please😁
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 10:24:19 AM by John W Blehm »

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2015, 08:00:51 AM »
Stan, you have dibs!  ;) I just need to figure out which ones are staying and which ones are going.

John, glad to hear IN isn't like NC. At the last show here I had to test 2 dozen birds at check-in because they didn't have bands (since they hatched after the flock had been tested), even though I had my NPIP card in hand. I said what's the point of testing the flock if I have to test at the show anyway, and they couldn't really give me a reason. They also require out-of-state birds to have an AI test within 21 days prior to the show. Steve Troxler, Commissioner of Agriculture, prevents me from voting a straight ticket. I have to break ranks every time to vote against him, not that we'll ever get rid of him... but must lodge my feeble protest...

Beth Curran

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2015, 09:34:00 AM »
If you are bringing birds to sell (especially those that are already spoken for), please consider entering them in the show to boost our numbers.  You coop them in and after judging they become property of the buyer.  Or if they are not spoken for you can write "for sale" on the coop cards, after judging.