Author Topic: on line poultry show  (Read 4994 times)

Stan Alder

• Associate
on line poultry show
« on: August 21, 2015, 09:07:58 PM »
To help get through a slow poultry show season, there is an on line show being run. https://www.facebook.com/groups/792030287517165/ ..hope to see lots of Ameraucaunas... my pullet entry, bred by John.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: on line poultry show
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 03:50:34 PM »
There is better depth to that pullet than a lot of silvers I've seen.   I would like to see her with her head up and standing in the natural position.   
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Tailfeathers

• College
  • Breeder & Exhibitor of WBS Ameraucanas since 2008
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 07:35:24 PM »
Thanks for the post, Stan.  I put a couple of my cockerels on there.  I may get out tomorrow and see if I've got any females in decent enough shape to take a pic of and post them but I doubt I do. 

I echo Stan's comment.  Let's see some more Ameraucanas posted!
God Bless,

R. E. Van Blaricome
Seek Ye first the Kingdom of God, and all His Righteousness
- then these things shall be added unto you (Matt. 6:33)

Stan Alder

• Associate
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 11:45:43 PM »
My silver pullet from John took BV over one other pullet and six males in the virtual poultry show..wish I could bring her to the national..THANKS John!

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 08:32:52 AM »
Stan, I hope you breed that pullet, and then breed one of her sons back to her.    When you have a really outstanding individual it should be used as the basis for a new, improved line.   
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 09:38:50 AM »
Great Job Stan, and the only thing stopping you from attending Nationals is fear and atmosphere 😃. Just pulling your chain I know things happen and life dictates what we can and can not do. I also agree with Mike, I would use her for several years. The really nice ones stick around my place until I get something better 😃
S.E. Michigan

Stan Alder

• Associate
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 10:03:48 AM »
Mike, I do plan to breed her and a couple of her sisters that I got from John that look just like her...I think I have a real good start with the birds from the two boxes he sent...hope to do something with birds that I have bred next year...naw Russ...that challenge you posted the other day was an invite to jump in the ring!..lol...just a long ways for a southern boy to go...might wait to make her debut in Knoxville....

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 10:58:24 AM »
Mike, I do plan to breed her and a couple of her sisters that I got from John that look just like her...I think I have a real good start with the birds from the two boxes he sent...hope to do something with birds that I have bred next year...naw Russ...that challenge you posted the other day was an invite to jump in the ring!..lol...just a long ways for a southern boy to go...might wait to make her debut in Knoxville....

Congratulations.  I'm not on Facebook, so I can only view pages open to the public and don't know how the on-line show operates.
Due to a lot of outcrosses in recent years I had about 5 different matings of LF silvers this year and along with that still the potential for many culls.  That is why I sent a 2nd box of 25 chicks to Stan.  It is always nice to hear someone ended up with some show quality winners...the other possibility that the outcrosses were made for.

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2015, 09:19:40 PM »
The Virtual champion Row John is public. There was nearly 3000 entries.  Mrs.  Susan Mouw was judge this time, but  I believe they change it monthly and Mr Clif Redden took Reserve AOSB Black Ameraucana.  A black Australorp I believe took BIS.

You do not have to be a member of Facebook to enter, as someone can enter on your behalf.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/792030287517165/

Brownie
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 09:21:19 PM by BrownEyes »

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2015, 10:21:45 PM »
With them involved it is certainly a site I wouldn't want to be part of. :(

Stan Alder

• Associate
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2015, 11:23:29 PM »
Susan and Cliff both had entries, but were not involved in the judging or running of the show.. Susan did offer to make some award certificates. There were a good number of Ameraucanas represented. .over 100 I think...185 AOSB entries...I think Connor Keegan was the judge of the AOSB..

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2015, 09:41:19 AM »
I think Connor Keegan was the judge of the AOSB.
That would give it credibility.

Stan Alder

• Associate
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2015, 04:37:28 PM »
This is a link to the people involved...I'm not into showing yet, but I think most of the judges are APA... https://www.facebook.com/groups/792030287517165/permalink/896769537043239/