Author Topic: Lattice for your chickens  (Read 8829 times)

Lance Capozella

Re: Lattice for your chickens
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2016, 06:10:24 AM »
Here is a better view of the polycarbonate panels on the west side of the chicken barn.  The white steel panels were used ones, so that is why some overlap others...hey, it is only for chickens and they don't know the difference.

Looks great John!  My coop is small compared to yours.  I used quite a bit of used and left over materials to build mine.  Mine is sided just like my house.  :) Amazing what you can use to build a coop. 
This past fall I grabbed up a pvc wall from a pool that a neighbor was throwing away and used it on the coop floor so poo doesn't stick to the wood underneath, also used it for small dividers in my breed pens, and used it to wrap the insulation on my rain barrel drip waterer.  I left the "no diving" caution label on the rain barrel.  ha ha

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2016, 09:25:42 AM »
Now days instead of "used" they say it is "repurposed". :)  Kind of like what was "old" is now vintage.

Lance Capozella

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2016, 09:45:39 AM »
Now days instead of "used" they say it is "repurposed". :)  Kind of like what was "old" is now vintage.

Oh yeah makes all the difference in the world.  I meant "upcycled."   When you label something vintage the price goes up right?   I guess we get more valuable every year then.   

With my current coop add on going on I'm about to go pick up some stuff at Home Depot since I ran out of junk  Err I mean vintage repurposed materials.  :P