Author Topic: You have been warned 😃  (Read 1361 times)

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
You have been warned 😃
« on: September 15, 2015, 12:33:14 PM »
Just looked over some prospects for nationals. I know a lot can happen from now until then. So long as no feathers get damaged or worse yet no one goes into molt. Consider this a warning I have some contenders in Black, Blue and splash Bantams. Also a nice silver bantam pullet and possibly Large Fowl. Jury is still out on a Large Fowl Cockerel and Large Fowl Blue pullet? The Black Bantam Cockerel may be the Best I ever hatched and could really put the pressure on all the Large Fowl. Just thought you all deserved a fair warning. 😃
S.E. Michigan

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
Re: You have been warned 😃
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 02:27:03 PM »
Yeah well you seemed to have scared my prize Ameraucana.  she's molting so bad now, I feel sorry for her.   Of c Feathers are everywhere so I upped the protein level.   Still f I doubt that will do anything at this point.  I do think she is laying though and she does make the purtiest blue eggs...OTOH, the [now] juveniles I got from Harry Shaffer and John Blehm haven't lost a drop.  Possibly Russ, there is a contender in that lot, so yes you've been served.

Brownie...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 02:29:04 PM by BrownEyes »

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 10:56:41 AM »
Lol don't mention the M word. That's my biggest fear at this point being he is out of the older grow out pen.
S.E. Michigan

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 10:29:33 PM »
Well you could try air conditioning.  When I bred labs, I remember one year for the Speciality, we get our top dogs in a/c'd quarters so they wouldn't blow their coat.  When the show was over, I can still remember Ginger going to that room and sniffing all around for  _cool air_.  She was one spoiled girl.  But she was beautiful.

http://www.sadonalabradors.com/Ginger.htm