Author Topic: 2015 Ameraucana National Meet is history  (Read 4950 times)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
2015 Ameraucana National Meet is history
« on: October 18, 2015, 07:17:49 PM »
We had our cake and ate it too. 

The annual club meeting was Saturday at the Comfort Inn after our pizza and subs buffet.  Awards were given out after the meeting. 

Left to Right: Neil Townsend, Robert Rennolet, Donna Townsend, Eva Muenks, Michael Muenks, Lucy Muenks, Ken Malcolm, Russ Blair, Kristine Malcolm, Gus Malcolm, John Blehm, Walker Curran, Jerry Segler, Gina Neta, Mike Gilbert, Beth Curran.

Yes, it was a great weekend and meet. More comments, meet results and photos to follow...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 07:31:28 PM by John W Blehm »

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: 2015 Ameraucana National Meet is history
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 07:49:14 PM »
The large fowl eggs were judged by Beth Curran and Donna Townsend.
 :) Best LF Hen Eggs, Robert Rennolet
 :) Best LF Pullet Eggs, Gina Neta

The bantam eggs were judged by Gina Neta and Jerry Segler.
 :) Best Bantam Hen Eggs, John Blehm
 :) Best Bantam Pullet Eggs, Donna Townsend

Here is Jerry, Beth, Russ & Gina at the club table.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 08:08:50 PM »
The Central Indiana Poultry Show's Facebook page says "Thanks Central Indiana Poultry Show Participants! 2620+ birds from 239 exhibitors from 17 States and Canada" and lists the show champions.
Russ Blair's bantam black Ameraucana cockerel made it all the way up to Overall Reserve Champion Bantam Chicken of the show! Russ was properly congratulated by Michael.

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 08:17:24 PM »
I would like to thank everybody who helped make this happen. This was an awesome time with a Great group of people. It was nice to meet some new friends and see some old friends again. I would especially like to thank everybody who donated items, money or prizes to help make this one to remember. Hope to see everyone next year, oh and be warned breeding pens are in the works as I unloaded. Congrats to everyone for a great showing of Ameraucana and John Blehm for his Champion AOSB Black Cockerel 😃.
S.E. Michigan

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 02:06:37 AM »
What a wonderful weekend, so great seeing all of you, and I can honestly say that was one of the best shows I've ever been to. Just pulled in, haven't unloaded yet but already thinking about next year! :D
Beth Curran

Lee G

• Associate
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 11:06:08 AM »
Yay! Looks like good times, and a well deserved cake too.  8) Congratulations everyone!  ;D
~ The duty of the breeder today and tomorrow is to create rather than imitate or simply perpetuate -- Horace Dryden

Schroeder

• Associate
    • Schroeder Poultry
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 08:20:53 AM »
Congratulations to Russ, John and all the other club exhibitors.  Good to know that Russ can follow up his trash talk with a win :o.  Wish I could have joined you all, but my wife and I were high in the Smoky Mountains enjoying the fall foliage. Duane

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 08:45:35 AM »
Wish you could of been there Duane, I agree with Beth it was the Best show I had ever attended. I would strongly suggest everyone make plans to attend next years. Even if you do not show and would like to pick the brains of some of the best breeders of Ameraucana, I know that's what I did. I really liked the Q&A discussion we had and hope it becomes traditional. This club truly is the best group of people I had the pleasure to meet and discuss chickens with. Everyone is kind and so willing to share helpful information. I am so looking forward to next years meet. I hate to say it but I already have the hatching bug again lol. I will hold off though until this Spring 😀
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 09:13:57 AM »
Congratulations to Russ, John and all the other club exhibitors.  Good to know that Russ can follow up his trash talk with a win :o.  Wish I could have joined you all, but my wife and I were high in the Smoky Mountains enjoying the fall foliage. Duane

Duane, we didn't even know you liked to get high!    ;) ;)    Actually, we were all pretty much on a "chicken high" last weekend too.   See you next year!
Glad you enjoyed your vacation.
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2015, 02:45:20 PM »
Gina Neta's winning egg entry.   Pretty fancy basket!   And very nice egg color.   Good job!
Mike Gilbert

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2015, 03:03:33 PM »
Nice job on the club table with all the fall colors.    The host club provided two nice plaques for the top large fowl and the top bantam.  Click to enlarge.
That's it folks.  The camera battery ran dry.   I think John got some more photos.  I just want to say it was a great group of people to get together with, some of which I met in person for the first time.    We all had a great weekend.   Pencil the 2016 national meet. wherever it will be held, for a really good time. 
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 03:25:28 PM by John W Blehm »
Mike Gilbert

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2015, 05:20:43 PM »
I am so glad you guys got the pictures you did. I took my camera and even remembered the charger only to realize the memory card wasn't in it (I have a card reader on my laptop and I forgot it when I uploaded pictures last.)

I am already thinking about next year. Depending on where it is, though, I may go sans birds and fly or take the train. When I turned in the rental car I had put exactly 2065 miles on it, nearly 500 more than either MapQuest or RandMcnally claimed, so they're full of it. I only took that one wrong turn going out, that added no more than 50 miles, and didn't deviate coming back. I did deliver a wayward bird back to it's owner in OH, but they met me right on 35.

Either way, I plan to be there!
Beth Curran

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2015, 06:45:37 PM »
How about a few more photos from the Saturday get together?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 06:48:00 PM by John W Blehm »

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2015, 06:48:54 PM »
...and a few more...

Cesar Villegas

• Associate
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2015, 02:43:32 PM »
Sorry I couldnt make it, but it looks like you guys had a blast ! I eventually will  make the trip from Arizona :)