Author Topic: More National Meet Bantam Winners  (Read 3411 times)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
More National Meet Bantam Winners
« on: October 20, 2015, 01:36:31 PM »
The top Lavender bantam, a pullet by John Blehm.   And the RV Lavender bantam, a cockerel by Russ Blair.   Great competition within the variety.  We did talk about getting this variety recognized at the member meeting.
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: More National Meet Bantam Winners
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 01:40:27 PM »
This is the BV Buff bantam, a pullet by John Blehm.   I couldn't get a shot of the RV Buff, also a pullet, as she kept coming right up to the camera.  But she was very similar to this one. 
Mike Gilbert

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 01:43:23 PM »
BV and RV Brown Red bantams.  BV cockerel and RV pullet, both bred and exhibited by Mike Gilbert  Pullet had excellent chest lacing, but also had that undesirable black head because of carrying one copy of the charcoal gene.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 01:52:43 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 02:20:14 PM »
Here is the BV Blue Wheaten bantam, a pullet by Neil and Donna Townsend.   Sorry I missed her head, but I thought she was very nice.  Excellent color in the tail.   There was no RV Blue Wheaten and no Wheatens in the open show at all.   There will be next time if plans succeed.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 02:22:29 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 02:25:25 PM »
And here are Russ's BV and RV Blue bantam pullets.   Nice birds with very passable lacing.   I always look for it in the secondaries when the wings are folded.  There was also a blue cockerel of Russ's that could have placed higher, but I didn't take his photo. 
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 02:27:50 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 02:29:58 PM »
Russ's RV Black bantam, a pullet.   Sorry I did not get a decent pose.   She was a good bird.
Mike Gilbert

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 02:32:59 PM »
And here are the bantam white winners.   The hen took RB and the pullet was RV.   They are from Bob Walchak's line which is being maintained by Mike Gilbert.   Neither bird normally carries their tail that high; they had not been shown before and were not quite ready to settle down.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 02:38:18 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 10:49:46 PM »
Nice pictures Mike, there will definitely be more Wheaten competition next year. Got an egg from the trio yesterday, really makes it hard not to fire up the Dickey. Oh and all the cockerels where Bob's I believe. Only Blues I had were the 2 pullets. I do have a very nice cockerel that needs another 3-4 weeks to finish out. I may have to find another show, 1 just doesn't cure my itch lol.
S.E. Michigan

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2015, 09:54:05 AM »
I noticed I still have envelopes with cash awards for BV and RV bantams, with donations from Neil & Donna Townsend, Harold Knapp, Beth Curran & Mike Gilbert.  I had a typo on these envelopes and they weren't handed out with the others, on Saturday.  I'll get them in the mail soon. ;)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2015, 02:21:53 PM »
John, I don't understand.   All the varieties that were shown already received cash awards.   Does that explain the extra envelopes?   I don't remember donating anything extra for varieties, just $50 to be applied where needed.   I think next year I will designate my money for trios and displays.
Mike Gilbert

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2015, 03:29:12 PM »
John, I don't understand.   All the varieties that were shown already received cash awards.   Does that explain the extra envelopes?   I don't remember donating anything extra for varieties, just $50 to be applied where needed.   I think next year I will designate my money for trios and displays.

Yes.  It goes back to...

Re: Ameraucana National Meet in Lebanon, IN
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2015, 07:21:15 PM »
Just got a $50 check in the mail today from Neil & Donna Townsend for awards.  Since they are more into bantams and there was some leftover cash sent in by Harold Knapp and Beth Curran (after purchasing coasters), who are also into bantams, I've applied it to an extra cash prize for BV recognized bantams.
It breaks down to $10.25/BV if all 8 varieties are represented, but if there are fewer the $82 will be divided by whatever number there is. :)

I added your name, because there were a few bucks left after buying jr rosettes and that went into the pot.

Bob has already donated $100 to go toward displays in 2016...$20 for Best and $5 for the best in each recognized variety.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 04:27:17 PM by John W Blehm »

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2015, 03:41:38 PM »
Okay, understood.   Next year my $50 will go as follows:   $25 for best large fowl trio and $25 for best bantam trio.    Thanks for the explanation.   Sorry I was confused when I tabulated the envelopes. 
Mike Gilbert

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2015, 04:34:27 PM »
Okay, understood.   Next year my $50 will go as follows:   $25 for best large fowl trio and $25 for best bantam trio.    Thanks for the explanation.   Sorry I was confused when I tabulated the envelopes.

I've already started a list of awards for 2016 and added your designated cash awards.  There were some designated cash awards, from Royce and Russ, that weren't awarded this year due some varieties not shown and non-members winning in jr competition.  Those awards will carry over to next year as usual. 

My typo of "BB" when it should have read "BV" caused some of that confusion.