Author Topic: Microsoft EDGE browser  (Read 2305 times)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Microsoft EDGE browser
« on: November 06, 2015, 09:34:42 AM »
No more comments here.  Just wanna says "thumbs up" to all those that follow my post.  John, you're right.  Gotta get that "thumbs up" or "like" button!  LOL  (Btw, I can't get the emoticons to do anything when I click on them.)

When I upgraded to Windows 10 the new Edge browser came with it.  It seems faster than Internet Explorer, but I have the same problem with the emoticons and other forum functions with Edge so I generally switch to IE when posting.  Browsers do make a difference.

Tailfeathers

• College
  • Breeder & Exhibitor of WBS Ameraucanas since 2008
Re: Microsoft EDGE browser
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 05:17:14 AM »
That would explain it.  I've got Edge now too.  Have had several problems since upgrading to 10.  Just recently got my "History" to work with Edge. 
God Bless,

R. E. Van Blaricome
Seek Ye first the Kingdom of God, and all His Righteousness
- then these things shall be added unto you (Matt. 6:33)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 09:55:52 AM »
That would explain it.  I've got Edge now too.  Have had several problems since upgrading to 10.  Just recently got my "History" to work with Edge.

When I want to switch to IE when using Edge, I click on the 3 dots (...) in the upper right corner for "More Options" and then click on "Open with Internet Explorer" in the dropdown box.  It gives me full use of all the posting options on the forum.  After saving in IE and closing that browser I continue using Edge.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 10:23:11 AM »
I have turned down several pop-up offers to upgrade to 10.   What advantages to you see with it?   I am satisfied with current speed I have now. 
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 10:38:40 AM »
I have turned down several pop-up offers to upgrade to 10.   What advantages to you see with it?   I am satisfied with current speed I have now.

With 10 you can use Edge, but you can also use any other browsers you want as before.  My computer came with 8 which had many problems, so 10 is much better for me with fewer glitches.  We have 7 on a couple other computers and it has a reputation of being problem free compared to 8, so we aren't in any hurry to upgrade them to 10...but probably will some cold winter day, now that I've used 10 for several weeks and feel comfortable with it.

Tailfeathers

• College
  • Breeder & Exhibitor of WBS Ameraucanas since 2008
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 06:34:12 PM »
I had 8 on this laptop and updated to 10.  Kept 7 on my desktop.  I wasn't a fan of 8.  I've not noticed a whole lotta difference between 8 and 10 except for the Bugs that Edge had.  And still has at least one in that you can't get a drop down by Right Clicking on the Back & Forward arrows.  There are supposed to be other advantages to 10 but I haven't gotten around to really looking into them.  I'm not sure speed is affected as a lot of that has to do with the hardware.  I have noticed that during Start Up it is really bogged down now and when I open the Task Manager it says the "Disk" is running at 100% for quite some time.  However, I also noticed when I open Explorer that I don't see a "disk" for Windows 10 so I'm not sure where that's running from.  Might be a conflict between 8 & 10 when starting up.
God Bless,

R. E. Van Blaricome
Seek Ye first the Kingdom of God, and all His Righteousness
- then these things shall be added unto you (Matt. 6:33)