Author Topic: 2016 National Meet  (Read 8186 times)

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
Re: 2016 National Meet
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2015, 11:41:34 AM »
Here is half a thought, if anyone wants to take it and try to finish it. ;) Maybe for future nationals (2017 and beyond, with all the AI stuff we don't have much to go on for 2016) we use the attendance (number of members more so than birds) at meets throughout the previous year to narrow down choices. Of course, there are other factors that would have to be considered, but it would be a starting point. It would also give members incentive to get out and show and clubs incentive to promote our meets if they knew we might choose to place a national meet.
Beth Curran

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2015, 11:56:40 AM »
Beth, I think that is a very good idea.   Attendance and participation in other club meets by members is a good way to gauge it.   As we grow, I also like the idea that Cesar threw out there to consider, a national meet west of the Mississippi, and also one east of the Mississippi.   The Wyandotte breeders have done that for years.    I think both ideas would result in more requests for meets and more Ameraucanas shown.   
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2015, 11:06:19 AM »
I will solicit a bid/offer from the Lebanon, IN, show club for our 2016 National Meet.  If you have a show in mind, please ask for a bid from them and also let us know of any bird testing requirements beyond Pullorum/Typhoid.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2015, 02:29:02 PM »
The board has recently been discussing offering 2016 National Meet open show winners the choice of either cash or non-cash for club sponsored awards.  Instead of having awards made in advance we may just associate dollar amounts with different wins and let each winner decide whether to receive the cash with a letter recognizing the win or a non-cash award, such as a plaque, rosette, coaster, etc. of fairly equal value with shipping figured in.  When non-cash (hardware) awards are made in advance of a meet there is the change it won’t be awarded due to either lack of entries or non-members winning and those things happen.  Some members prefer cash and some prefer trophies of some sort. I think they should have the option and for this once a year big event mail them out after the show.

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2015, 06:03:35 PM »
I will even take checks payable to: Russell Blair 😂😂😂. Either way I am good, I am more interested in just getting Ameraucanas on Champion Row just to let everyone see how classy this breed is. Don't get me wrong it is nice to see your birds get wins to reassure yourself that you are doing something right in the breeding pen.  I am still stoked and so excited for next year. I have a feeling it is going to be bigger and better than any Ameraucana National ever held. With more Birds and Exhibitors from all across the country. Mark my words it will be the show not to miss 😉
S.E. Michigan

Stan Alder

• Associate
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2015, 09:22:27 PM »
You might want to miss the next one Russ, because I'm planning to bring some of those LF silvers I'm breeding from your, Chris and John's stock!..just giving you fair warning...lol

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2015, 10:50:24 PM »
That's the spirit Stan, got to keep everyone honest 😃
S.E. Michigan

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2015, 09:19:53 PM »
I Just got off the phone with Neil Townsend and he mentioned Columbus Oh. I guess Ohio National will also be hosting the APA annual meet. Like I said before, no matter where it is I will plan some hatches for the occasion. Lebanon, Birch Run, Columbus even South Carolina 😉. Oh and how is Russ, Fuss, and Cuss doing Gina?? 😂😂😂
S.E. Michigan

Stan Alder

• Associate
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2015, 10:56:44 PM »
 'Nothing could be finer, than to be in Carolina' ;D

Gina Neta

• Associate
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2015, 06:56:39 PM »
Russ - Blair, Clair and Cher are doing fabulously!  Getting along grandly with my really nice Black male from John Blehm so you be warned:  they may produce some AWESOME Russ', Fuss', AND Cuss'!!  😅

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2015, 01:02:15 PM »
Glad to hear that Gina 😃
S.E. Michigan

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2015, 02:01:10 PM »
Another benefit to having some non-cash awards made after the meet is that they can include the winner's name and other info.  It is a little pricier, but They would be custom designed to fit within a price range associated with each win.

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2015, 07:19:08 PM »
John I really like how they look. Especially with the meet and date on them. The older I get the worse my memory gets and it sure will help when I reminisce with the future grandkids 😃
S.E. Michigan

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2015, 10:57:37 PM »
Since Mike and I opt out when it comes to ribbons and you only wanted one, I only had 4 made up.  They are in the mail.  One each to you, Jerry, Neil & Donna and Bob Rennolet.  Bob opts out also when it comes to ribbons, but there was a $20 minimum order so I had one made for him and then several BV in Jr competition for next year's National Meet to fill the order.  The gold print on the red RV stood out the best in my opinion, so that is the one I took a photo of to show off.