Author Topic: Large Fowl Brown Red Cockerels  (Read 1731 times)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Large Fowl Brown Red Cockerels
« on: October 29, 2015, 12:01:42 PM »
About the first of May this year I sold to the mother of an aquaintance of mine a batch of started chicks that she picked up here at the farm.   Today she brought me back six excess cockerels.   She does not show and is not familiar with the Standard.   They are all Brown Red Ameraucanas, good size, healthy, uniform in type and color except for breast lacing.   I already had my two keeper cockerels picked out for next year, so these are available to anyone who needs them (or one) for my cost and shipping.   I paid $40 total for the six birds, and I know I can get that much or more from a local Hmong gentleman for meat.  I would also need a shipping box as I don't stock them any more.  If you have in mind a cross to black females, there is one real nice one with extra breast lacing and little to no shafting.  Let me know if you are interested right away, as I don't intend to feed these birds more than a couple of days.   I don't have any pullets to spare, as I have already culled down to my breeding flock, sorry.  Well, there is one, but she is laying a green egg if you need something to start with.   This photo is of an uncle to the ones available now.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 02:03:04 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Large Fowl Brown Red Cockerels
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 04:58:29 PM »
I believe at this point all the cockerels advertised above that are worthy of breeding from are spoken for.
Mike Gilbert

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Large Fowl Brown Red Cockerels
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 03:41:34 PM »
They are all gone.   I do have two pullets laying so may have some early chicks for 2016.   
Mike Gilbert