Author Topic: This Could Affect Our Scheduled 2016 National Meet  (Read 2529 times)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
This Could Affect Our Scheduled 2016 National Meet
« on: January 15, 2016, 11:55:27 AM »
We'll have to see how this plays out.   We may need to come up with a Plan B if Indiana shuts down the shows again.

http://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/USDAAPHIS/bulletins/1306954
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
Re: This Could Affect Our Scheduled 2016 National Meet
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 12:24:15 PM »
UGH! Here we go again...  >:(
Beth Curran

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 12:41:10 PM »
I contacted the Pennsy branch of the USDA to see if and when PA was going to reopen.  Seems with IN hit, Pennsy will not re-appraise until March 2016, meaning that DelMarVa is out for us too.  Nan, our rep, said that they were being "very cautious" about reopening as they did not wanta KY one day affair to happen.

Brownie

Cesar Villegas

• Associate
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 06:03:46 PM »
We'll have to see how this plays out.   We may need to come up with a Plan B if Indiana shuts down the shows again.

http://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/USDAAPHIS/bulletins/1306954

Arizona is open :-) lol

Schroeder

• Associate
    • Schroeder Poultry
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 09:12:09 AM »
I just saw this announcement from the Indiana Board of Animal Health:

"Under the new law, all sellers and buyers of poultry in Indiana must maintain records of flock additions and removals for 3 years.” Records must include: names and addresses of buyer and seller, sale date, breed, sex, number of animals, and reason for movement. This state requirement applies to all retail, swap meet, flea market, auction, and private sales, including barters or trades."

"For those who purchase birds from out-of-state sources, BOAH reminds buyers that all poultry entering Indiana must have either a certificate of veterinary inspection (CVI) or a National Poultry Improvement Plan (NPIP) form VS 9-3. If chicks are purchased from an NPIP-certified hatchery, then the chicks can enter Indiana with a copy of the NPIP form VS 9-3."

The full article is available here.http://www.hoosieragtoday.com/indiana-requiring-new-record-keeping-for-all-poultry-owners/

Duane

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 10:22:26 AM »
I think most backyard breeders and fanciers will ignore that.   Less government is better government.

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 10:38:20 PM »

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2016, 09:34:50 PM »
I agree with John and personally don't disclose more than I have to to the government 😉. All my birds have been bred here for as long as I can remember lol
S.E. Michigan