Author Topic: Points updated  (Read 1323 times)

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
Points updated
« on: January 17, 2016, 08:48:51 PM »
Finally, finally, I have some updated points! I am so sorry this has taken so long, I thought I had them ready to post and then I found some changes on the ABC site for points 2014 and earlier - some people had more points, perhaps from show reports that had yet to be tallied when we left, and some people had fewer points than they did on the previous report. I have erred on the side of the member and gone with the highest number, but I would like to ask everyone to check their points and verify that they are correct.

Unfortunately, the points are still not completely up to date, because I am still waiting on meet reports from these fall shows:

Washington Feather Fanciers
Central Illinois Poultry Club
Rocky Mountain Poultry Association

I will continue to update as I get information. I will also work on identifying some of the uncategorized points and get them listed under the correct variety if possible, but I just didn't want to hold this up anymore.

Due to the increasing difficulty in obtaining meet reports, starting this year I am asking members to do their own "unofficial" report at meets they call and/or attend to ensure that, if the show club fails to provide a meet report, which has been the case with many clubs this past year, we have something to go on. That way we can get our results published in a timely manner, if there is a discrepancy we can figure it out while it's still in everyone's mind, and we can make sure everyone gets credit for their points.

I have forwarded these to John to put up on the website but meanwhile, I am attempting to attach the file to this post.
Beth Curran

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Points updated
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 08:50:31 AM »
Beth, may I suggest those three shows do not get awarded any new AA meets until and unless the show reports are received?    I always have mine out within a couple of weeks of our spring show, and it just is not that difficult to do. 
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
Re: Points updated
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 10:25:05 AM »
Mike, I agree with you and want to do just that, but with it happening with so many shows - with the exception of the nationals we did ourselves, I didn't receive a single complete/correct report all year, and what I did get took months - I hate to limit our members opportunities to earn points. I hate to keep beating my head against a wall, too. I'm really torn on this...

Responses last year included, but were not limited to:

"We didn't fill one out because we didn't have any Ameraucanas at the show" (a member got Best & Reserve AOSB and the judge even commented on her birds during dinner that evening)

"We don't do those (meet reports) anymore because it takes too much time and no one seems to care about them anyway."

"What's a meet report?" (After accepting the meet and placing it, with the report form included with the request.)

And my personal favorite:

Prior to the show even taking place, I received an e-mail that read "there are only 3 ameraucanas entered. 1 cock and 2 hens, with 2 exhibitors. I do not feel this is enough for a speciality and not woth the extra paper work.  If you want to have a speciality, your club needs to encourage more exhibitors. We would consider 10 to be a significant number.   Sorry for the lack of entries in your breed"  This was a show with less than 100 total enteries, I was surprised it was even APA sanctioned.

After the show when I ask for a meet report and exhibitors list, the reply was "you can fill it out yourself." Exact words.
Beth Curran