Author Topic: Re-sizing picture for posting on Forum  (Read 1301 times)

Cesar Villegas

• Associate
Re-sizing picture for posting on Forum
« on: February 03, 2016, 07:50:38 PM »
I learned about this website that re-sizes images for you.

http://picresize.com/

Most are unaware that the max size file to post on the forum is 150kb

When you go to the site, the first page is full of advertising thats why its FREE.

In the middle of the screen you'll see an option to upload a photo, You can click on the drop down to select whether to upload it from your computer or an url.  If the photo is on your computer, click from your computer, then just below that, click browse.

Find your picture on your computer, click open.

Click Continue

When the image is displayed, scroll down (about halfway down) to Resize Your Picture.

STEP # 2 Select "NO CHANGE"

Proceed to

STEP # 4 and enter the size you want the image to be re-sized to. Enter 150kb, Again thats the max size file a person can post on here.

Once you've made your choice, scroll down to "I'm done, Resize my picture, " and click it

When processing is done, you can view the changed image, continue editing it, save it to disk, or save it web (must have dedicated server space for this)

It will display the results in size
Original 1926 x 1791 944 kb
New 963x896 272 kb

When you save to your computer it will save it to wherever your downloads go. "Each will be different because not all have the same computers. You just have to know where your downloads go to.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Re-sizing picture for posting on Forum
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 09:29:14 PM »
Thanks.  Here are some of the settings I have on this forum regarding images, along with other info.
Forum Guidelines and Information
The maximum size of an attachment is 128kB, with up to 6 per post and a total limit of 512kB per post.
I have Microsoft Office 2010 and use it to "resize" and "compress pictures", but over the years resizing images has been a problem for many.