Author Topic: Duane Schroeder receives our 2021 Ameraucana Lifetime Achievement Award  (Read 761 times)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
There are several members that I feel are eligible for our Lifetime award.  This year our Ameraucana Lifetime Achievement Award goes to Duane Schroeder, from New Castle, Indiana.  Duane joined our club in 2009 and is probably best known for his large fowl wheaten & blue wheaten Ameraucanas.  He is still an Alliance member and we haven't talked in a while, but I believe Schroeder Poultry is on hold as retirement and the yearning to travel takes priority.  Duane served as a club director in 2013, promoted our breed and club by publishing articles, supported & encouraged others by contributing to on our Ameraucana Forum, bred to improve his favorite varieties and helped get “standard” Ameraucanas into the hands of others.  Thank you, Duane, and congratulations!  8)

Schroeder

• Associate
    • Schroeder Poultry
Re: Duane Schroeder receives our 2021 Ameraucana Lifetime Achievement Award
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 10:18:31 AM »
This comes as a total surprise!  I am truly honored to join this elite group of award recipients. Special thanks to John Blehm for always being so responsive to my questions and supportive of my efforts. Also, Wayne Meredith provided me a big boost when he gave me a fine young wheaten cockerel shortly before he quit raising them.

As mentioned, I retired last August and have suspended my Ameraucana breeding efforts. I expect to ramp it back up after a couple of years hiking in the National Parks with my beautiful wife and soul mate, Susan.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 05:31:05 PM »
Congratulations Duane!    Enjoy your retirement!
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 03:13:29 PM »
Congratulations Duane, glad to hear you are enjoying your retirement  :) oh feel free to post some pictures of your journeys into our various national parks. This is one of my goals as well when I can retire
S.E. Michigan

Mindy Waters

• Administrator
  • Associate
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 03:28:14 PM »
Congratulations!

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2021, 07:19:06 PM »
This comes as a total surprise!  I am truly honored to join this elite group of award recipients. Special thanks to John Blehm for always being so responsive to my questions and supportive of my efforts. Also, Wayne Meredith provided me a big boost when he gave me a fine young wheaten cockerel shortly before he quit raising them.

As mentioned, I retired last August and have suspended my Ameraucana breeding efforts. I expect to ramp it back up after a couple of years hiking in the National Parks with my beautiful wife and soul mate, Susan.