Author Topic: egg color referance chart  (Read 9780 times)

Shari Nees

Re: egg color referance chart
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2016, 12:18:32 PM »
To add a personal view....

I would of used the color chart as a business card so to speak. Put the club info on it of course, let people use it, talk about it, get people interested in the breed.

Yes I agree.  I think they are good sales cards & planned on doing that for shows  I attended, but John got busy and then I got busy and forgot...still next month is the Jersey Sussex Co. show, so perhaps we can get together for that one.

Brownie.

Very nice to know, I am not the only one that feels that way.     I got into the breed because I love big muff's and beard. LOL   Have met a lot more nice folks raising the AM, than not.  Lots of fun to talk too.

Also like they laid a blue egg, and want to be able to put my eggs against a color card, online or else where, without being ripped into.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2016, 12:33:39 PM »
To add a personal view....

I would of used the color chart as a business card so to speak. Put the club info on it of course, let people use it, talk about it, get people interested in the breed. Many people would be curious, go check out the club, ask questions and a good chance they would join the club.
Win, Win all around.

Some of us have talked about other design ideas, but it was easiest to go with what Frank already had designed and was already being used by several breed clubs around the world that represent blue egg layers. 

Stan Alder

• Associate
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2016, 01:34:11 PM »
I'd like to see a condensed version that would be business card sized with fewer colors...could have the club logo on the front and a place to put individuals contact info on the back...I have also thought about suggesting that we give cards to new members...I think they would be an easy way to spread the word..

Shari Nees

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2016, 02:56:40 PM »
That sounds like a good idea Stan.

Can understand going with what Frank created, makes it easier across the board.

I still might make something on the side when I have time. Have a couple of ideas...

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2016, 03:02:16 PM »
I'd like to see a condensed version that would be business card sized with fewer colors...could have the club logo on the front and a place to put individuals contact info on the back...I have also thought about suggesting that we give cards to new members...I think they would be an easy way to spread the word..

When we are close to depleting the current supply we can look into it.
I plan to send one to every member with the Ameraucana Handbook that should come out in June.

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2016, 04:30:04 PM »
Ditto to Stanny.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2016, 11:30:31 AM »
I shouldn't be surprised, but the new ABC is actually going to plagiarize the egg charts...claiming copyright, right over Frank's copyright. :(
http://ameraucanabreedersclub.org/forum/index.php?topic=3047.msg21030#msg21030
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 12:22:31 PM by John W Blehm »

Shari Nees

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2016, 06:19:22 AM »
Have Frank contact the US CopyRight Office.....   they do not take kindly to people trying to copyright other peoples work.

I know some people think, if they steal another persons Art, they change it 10%, then they can call it their own. Doesn't work like that.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 06:21:59 AM by Shari Nees »

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2021, 10:39:52 AM »
All 1st time members receive an Ameraucana Handbook and our Ameraucana Egg Color Reference Chart is printed on the back cover.  Alliance members may purchase extra Handbooks for just $4 each and they are $10 each to nonmembers, including postage (Canada/US).
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 10:43:34 AM by John W Blehm »