Author Topic: In Search of Cockerel for 4H Kid  (Read 1912 times)

Jensen Pierson

• Associate
    • www.kaljenfarm.com
In Search of Cockerel for 4H Kid
« on: April 21, 2016, 10:51:24 AM »
Hi everyone!
If i am not allowed to post this please feel free to remove. I know this is not ameraucana related but there is a child in my club that needs to find a chocolate bantam orpington cock/cockerel ASAP. She was going to show a trio at the county fair and her male just died. I tried looking on the orpington breeders website and online bird auctions but i can not find anything. Does any of my Ameraucana friends know of someone who raises chocolate orpington bantams? I need to have it in her possession by May 1.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: In Search of Cockerel for 4H Kid
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 12:45:52 PM »
Did you try Jean Ribbeck in Washington state?   Obviously there would be shipping involved. 
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Jensen Pierson

• Associate
    • www.kaljenfarm.com
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 09:57:55 AM »
Thanks for the help. Sadly the poor kid has wyandotes, Not orpingtons. This club is going to need some work. Dealing with a bunch of new 4Hers and slightly clueless parents with an equally clueless head advisor.......  Sometimes I wonder how hard it is to use  google images. 

Cesar Villegas

• Associate
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 03:03:45 PM »
I agree, Jean Ribbeck from the other club, she might still have some. She used them to create the Chocolate Ameraucana Bantams