Author Topic: First Club Meet!  (Read 4083 times)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
First Club Meet!
« on: March 17, 2015, 06:50:14 PM »
It's official.   The Coulee Region Poultry Club, Inc. will be hosting the very first Ameraucana Alliance club meet on June 6th.   It's a one day, single judged show complete with youth showmanship, raffle, silent auction, lunch stand, poultry swap,  and lots of prizes.   Camping is available on the grounds.
Our location is at the fairgrounds in Galesville, Wisconsin, about 20 miles north of La Crosse and less than that from Interstate 90.    Anyone wanting a show catalog can contact me.    Or check out our website at http://couleeregionpoultryclub.webs.com
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 06:55:13 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Lee G

• Associate
Re: First Club Meet!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 10:25:29 AM »
Sounds like good times!  8)

Just for fun, I put Galesville, Wisconsin into mapquest to see how far away it is from me....well, I was pleasantly surprised that it's only a 16 hour drive in good driving conditions.  Not too shabby really.  Now I just need to convince my driver a poultry show is the vacation he's been looking for!  :P
~ The duty of the breeder today and tomorrow is to create rather than imitate or simply perpetuate -- Horace Dryden

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 01:24:37 PM »
Lee,

The Malcolm family from Colorado has "penciled" in the show.  I'm sure you would have the longer drive, but it'll be a long haul from them also and may help to prove to your driver that you'll be in good company.   :D

Denise Baker

• Lifetime Member
  • Associate
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 04:45:12 PM »
Have  a great time and take lots of pictures!  This is a historic event.
Paradise Found

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 09:02:31 PM »
8 and a half hour trip here, hmmm going to have to do some sweet talking. Wife has been saying she wants to do more camping 😃
S.E. Michigan

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 02:12:46 PM »
Kathy said OK, we are planning on being there.
Sounds like it'll be a BIG turnout for Ameraucana people and chickens!

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 02:15:16 PM »
Sounds good!   No Chantecler meet this year, so we'll try to do it up right for the Ameraucanas. 
Mike Gilbert

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 10:31:47 PM »
Congratulations!  I see on the website nice shots of you and Pres Jim.  As for travel time, it may be 16 hours for me too as my Uncle in the Motor City may not be home by then, as his house was totalled this past winter -- so I have no pit stop.  I too have to talk to my driver about going Forward to Wisconsin.  I don't have many Ameraucanas though so I will have to fill in with "others"

Lee G

• Associate
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 10:28:49 AM »
Driver said no, we already have too much on our plate this summer, and he's right...but maybe next year.  Hope springs eternal. lol

Hope y'all have a great time!  :)

~ The duty of the breeder today and tomorrow is to create rather than imitate or simply perpetuate -- Horace Dryden

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 12:27:56 PM »
That's a pity Lee.  Hopefully we'll meet another venue.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2015, 01:18:12 PM »
Driver said no, we already have too much on our plate this summer, and he's right...but maybe next year.  Hope springs eternal. lolHope y'all have a great time!  :)

There is always FowlFest in Michigan in October.  That would be a much shorter trip for you.
Mike Gilbert

Lee G

• Associate
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2015, 04:36:20 PM »
I quite like the way you think Mike. And a shorter driving distance means my husband will too!  ;D Plus October happens to be my birth month, so that means the bday card can be put into play! hehe

That's a pity Lee.  Hopefully we'll meet another venue.

I hope so too. It'd sure be great to meet everyone.  :)

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2015, 09:53:52 PM »
Well it does not look like the Blair family will be able to attend after all. My wife just showed me an invitation to my nephews graduation party and it is planned for June 6. Well the good news is I can put a few birds back in the breeding pens. I apologize I was looking forward to kicking the new club off.
S.E. Michigan