Author Topic: Ameraucana Handbook  (Read 2567 times)

Jeannette Frank

Ameraucana Handbook
« on: June 11, 2016, 11:28:20 AM »
I received mine yesterday and just want to say.

Job well done!!

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
Re: Ameraucana Handbook
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 12:52:04 PM »
I agree, John you did an awesome job on this! I really enjoyed Mike's history of the breed, and Jeanette, your article from a judge's perspective was an absolute gift! I have a discouraged kid who is frustrated that birds he thinks should get awards (not just his but in general) don't and this is just what I needed to help me explain it! And I chuckled at our far too modest Jerry saying "I tinker with genetics" - yeah, and Edison tinkered with electricity! ;)
Beth Curran

Andrew Johnson

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 02:35:56 PM »
I received mine yesterday in the mail as well. Didn't get to look or read it until this morning. I must say it is a wonderfully published book. Very good quality. I am proud to have gotten one. John, you did a spectacular job. It is put together very well. Mike, your updated history is full of key knowledge and the journey taken by the founders. It is astounding to me how much work and travel was done to get this great breed accepted. I also have to agree with Beth about your article, Jeanette. It was great to read from a judge's perception.
Each of you involved, awesome work! And thank you very much!

Gina Neta

• Associate
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 05:12:54 PM »
Very well put Andrew, I couldn't agree more.  John took on the vast bulk of putting this handbook together and pursuing publication and we all have a fantastic resource as a result.  Thank you John (and all who contributed - Mike; Jeanette; all advertisers) for your dedication and commitment to this project and to this breed!  I appreciate all that you do!!!

Max Strawn

• Lifetime Member
  • Associate
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 10:18:18 AM »
Got mine Saturday. Probably the best quality to date, both book and content. John, You did a great job putting it together. Thanks to all who contributed.  :)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 01:04:28 PM »
This was the best printing quality to date...not that the first 4 Handbooks weren't good.  Even with all the proofing done by our club officers there were still a few typos...sorry Jeannette (not Jeanette).  Mike's HISTORY OF THE AMERAUCANA FOWL is a must read for anyone interested in the breed.
Thanks again to all involved. 

Michael Muenks

• Administrator
  • Associate
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 08:52:51 AM »
I enjoyed reading the new Handbook! Wonderful job all!

Michael

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 04:39:30 PM »
Just read mine and have to agree with all the above. Awesome job to everyone involved, it really is a great read. Thanks Mike, Jeannette, John and all the advertiser's.
S.E. Michigan

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2016, 08:58:35 PM »
The Handbook has been added to our Club Merchandise page.  They are $5 each to nonmembers and only $3 to Alliance members.  The price, in US$, includes postage in Canada and the US.  You can use PayPal.  If you want one sent directly to someone else, please let me know and that will save on some postage.