Author Topic: Don Cable  (Read 974 times)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Don Cable
« on: September 05, 2016, 08:46:52 AM »
Anyone who has read Ameraucana history knows who Don Cable is.   He still lives in Orangevale, California, which is a suburb of Sacramento, the state capital.   I had two phone conversations with Don last night.   He had to give up all his birds some time ago due to an allergic condition.   He was 83 years old on this past 4th of July, and he can no longer drive a car.   His wife Ruby is in a nursing home now, and Don lives alone.   He depends on relatives to get around, and it sounds like that happens about once a week.  They take him grocery shopping and, I guess, other places he needs to go.    I don't believe he has a working computer any more either.   I know he would love to hear from members with cards or notes of appreciation for what he did for the Ameraucana breed.   If you care to drop him a card or a note, here is his address.   I used it so much back in the 1970's and 1980's that I never need to look it up.   It is:  6442 Chestnut Avenue, Orangevale, CA   95662.    Thanks for helping to make an old man's day.    Oh, and he said to tell Jerry Segler hello!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 11:24:55 AM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Don Cable
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 08:29:56 AM »
Thanks Mike I will send a letter out tonight
S.E. Michigan