Author Topic: Ohio National District Meet???  (Read 2081 times)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Ohio National District Meet???
« on: September 15, 2016, 07:34:48 PM »
I received a show catalog from the Ohio National today.   On page 16 it lists a District meet of the Ameraucana Breeders Club, Michael Muenks Secretary-Treasurer.
I wasn't going anyway, but I wonder how something like this can even happen.   As usual, the Ohio National does not appear to have it all together   
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Ohio National District Meet???
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 08:27:11 PM »
They never do.  I've been there several times and it is one show I won't go back to even for a National Meet.

Cesar Villegas

• Associate
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 10:21:59 PM »
I dont get it?

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 08:43:53 AM »
I dont get it?

Michael Muenks is not even a member of the ABC.   This is the Ameraucana Alliance, of which he currently serves as president.    If it is the comments about the Ohio National you don't understand, some of us have a long history of being disappointed with the way the show is run.  I won't go into details here. 
Mike Gilbert

Cesar Villegas

• Associate
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 02:13:15 AM »
I dont get it?

Michael Muenks is not even a member of the ABC.   This is the Ameraucana Alliance, of which he currently serves as president.    If it is the comments about the Ohio National you don't understand, some of us have a long history of being disappointed with the way the show is run.  I won't go into details here.

thank you for clarifying Mike

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 08:24:39 AM »
So is it a district meet for Ameraucana Alliance? Or is it a district meet for ABC mistaking Micheal as President? I have never been to this show, and was debating attending it.
S.E. Michigan

Jensen Pierson

• Associate
    • www.kaljenfarm.com
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2016, 08:56:59 AM »
Well I have traditionally attended this show. And probably still will.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2016, 10:52:54 AM »
That's okay Jensen, it is a much shorter distance for you to travel than for many of us, and this year it IS the APA national.    Russ, our meets are listed in a link from our Home Page, and the Ohio National is not currently listed so I have to assume it is not our meet. 
Mike Gilbert

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2016, 12:30:22 PM »
The show in Columbus is called the Ohio National.  They have a very nice facility.  Printing outdated contact information in their show catalog is something I've seen in the past.  When I questioned it I was told the guy in charge was afraid to open the attachment with my email due to a possible virus, so he just reprinted what he had on hand without verifying.  In their 2006 show catalog they printed "Americana Breeders Club". 
Once they hosted our ABC National meet with over 250 Ameraucanas entered.  Even though most if not all entry forms had spelled Ameraucana correctly, NOT ONE coop card had it right.  They were all hand written and they spelled it at least 3 different ways, but obviously went out of their way to not spell it as written on the entry forms they took the information from.  There is even a book, called the Standard, that they could have looked at to check the spelling if there was a question about it.
As recently as 2014 I know they were still listing Ameraucanas on champion row as Americanas.
If you go, please enjoy the show and fellow fanciers.  My problem is with the unprofessional show management I've experienced over many years.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 03:35:49 PM by John W Blehm »