Author Topic: National Meet for 2017?  (Read 15897 times)

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
Re: National Meet for 2017?
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2016, 05:07:00 PM »
It may not, if we have our club meeting in the evening after supper as we have the last couple years.  Often we hand out awards during the meeting and in the past the meeting was usually around 2 or 3 in the afternoon
Oh so people there just for the National can cut out early.  Makes sense, they don't have to pay for another days fare.  Thanks.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2016, 09:01:53 PM »
No.  It has nothing to do with leaving early and whether it is a one day, two day or three day show no one is to coop out until the birds are "released" by the show club.
Having a breed judged early just means the results should be know early enough for awards to be handed out in a club meeting that afternoon.

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2016, 11:33:05 AM »
But by the time we held our meeting and passed out awards we'd probably have the okay to coop out, or at least be close. I would prefer that, so I could get part way home before stopping for the night. 18 straight hours of driving last year did me in - I'll never make a drive like that again in one day!!  :o
Beth Curran

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2016, 01:40:03 PM »
But by the time we held our meeting and passed out awards we'd probably have the okay to coop out, or at least be close. I would prefer that, so I could get part way home before stopping for the night. 18 straight hours of driving last year did me in - I'll never make a drive like that again in one day!!  :o

I don't know of any shows that allow some to coop out early without, maybe a family emergency or very good reason.
The Fowl Fest went back to having a separate junior show so the kids may coop out and leave Saturday while the open show is still a traditional two-day show.  I really think they should go back to having all entries in the open show and make it a one-day show for all with the option to coop-out Sunday morning for those that want to spend the extra night.   

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2016, 04:23:20 PM »
My bad, didn't catch that it's a two day show, I was thinking about when we got finished last year.
Beth Curran

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2016, 04:03:21 PM »
Fowl Fest was the only bid, so start making plans. ;)

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2016, 05:12:47 PM »
Fowl Fest is a well run show and held in a great location. There is so much to do up there between the huge outlet mall a stone throw from the expo center. To the historic Bronners and Frankenmuth area, not to mention Tony's ;D. I already know the Blair family will have to book a room for Saturday at the Zhenders water park hotel. But Friday I will stay at the club chosen hotel, I let let my wife book it so I don't screw up like this year  :o. I am already stoked for it lol
S.E. Michigan

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2016, 06:00:09 PM »
Fowl Fest is a well run show and held in a great location.
It's not close to you Russ that you can commute?

Jensen Pierson

• Associate
    • www.kaljenfarm.com
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2016, 10:26:12 AM »
Well, I had already told myself I was going to try to make it up to fowlfest. Now I have even more incentive!

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2016, 10:35:57 PM »
My place is just 7.5 miles from the Birch Run Expo Center, home of the Fowl Fest, and I'm hoping to have our Saturday evening meal and club meeting at our house.  There are many lodging opportunities and overnight camping is available at the Expo Center.
Frankenmuth is also only 7.5 miles from the show in Birch Run and the two towns draw many tourists.  Many of them like to enjoy a Frankenmuth Family Style Chicken Dinner at either the Bavarian Inn or Zehnder's, so maybe that is something we can put on the calendar for Friday evening.  It is over $20 person though.  The food is good, but you pay for atmosphere and it is something that some may want to do while another option could be local brats on the grill at my place or go to any of many local restaurants. 
We have many months to discuss the possibilities.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 10:40:55 PM by John W Blehm »

The Malcolms

• Associate
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2016, 09:45:54 AM »
We may have missed it but is there a date for next year's fowl fest yet?

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2016, 10:03:52 AM »
We may have missed it but is there a date for next year's fowl fest yet?

It is always the 2nd weekend in October, so it will be October 14-15, 2017.
(update...Date changed for 2017 to October 7-8)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 05:01:59 PM by John W Blehm »

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2016, 09:30:42 PM »
John, are you a member of the local sponsoring club?

http://fowlfest.org/club-information.html

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2016, 10:13:35 PM »
John, are you a member of the local sponsoring club?
http://fowlfest.org/club-information.html

Yes.  Dues are $5 a year.  I help a little with registration when exhibitors coop in in Friday evenings.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2016, 10:48:17 AM »
The Expo Center where the Fowl Fest is held sat aside the wrong weekend for next year’s show.  Since October 1st is on a Sunday they counted that as the 1st weekend of the month, when the Fowl Fest is supposed to be the 2nd “full” weekend of October.  Yesterday I was notified the Fowl Fest officers have set the dates of October 7-8 for next year's show.  The only other open dates at the Expo Center were September 9-10 or Christmas for them to choose from. 
Our board is discussing the options and we'll let you know as soon as a vote is taken where and when our 2017 National Meet will be.  I just wanted to let you know that it is up in the air in case you are making plans, like hotel reservations or time off from work.