Author Topic: National Meet for 2017?  (Read 15850 times)

The Malcolms

• Associate
Re: National Meet for 2017?
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2016, 10:54:16 AM »
Just to be clear...
Fowl Fest is definitely October 7-8, 2017 BUT the Ameraucana Alliance National is no longer at Fowl Fest.  Is there a possibility Fowl Fest will still be selected?

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2016, 11:35:38 AM »
Just to be clear...
Fowl Fest is definitely October 7-8, 2017 BUT the Ameraucana Alliance National is no longer at Fowl Fest.  Is there a possibility Fowl Fest will still be selected?

For 2017 the Fowl Fest will be the 1st full weekend in October, the 7th-8th.  This is only due to a clerical error on the part of the Birch Run Expo Center where the show is held.  I assume it will return to being held on the 2nd full weekend in October starting in 2018.
We had placed our Ameraucana National Meet with them when we all thought the show dates were going to be the 14th-15th.  That show was "cancelled", so now our board is discussing placing our 2017 National Meet at the Fowl Fest (Oct. 7-8) and we should have a vote on it soon.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2016, 08:00:57 PM »
The board voted again (since the Fowl Fest show dates were changed) and again it will be the site for our 2017 Ameraucana National Meet on October 7-8. 8)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2016, 12:07:07 PM »
For members that want to campout in our backyard, that weekend, we'll offer electrical hookup.  Maybe bring extension cords, since I only have a limited number to loan out.  Campers, trailers, RVs, etc. are welcome with no charge to Alliance members.  Kathy and I will have a porta-john brought in for your convenience and you'll have access to the restrooms in the house.  Just let us know before the show, if you plan to camp here. :)

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2016, 02:05:23 PM »
Lol, I was joking about pitching a tent in your yard but works for me! ;D
Beth Curran

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2016, 04:38:59 PM »
Lol, I was joking about pitching a tent in your yard but works for me! ;D

Another member wants to bring a popup camper trailer and wanted to know if they park at the Expo Center, if restrooms would be available at night.  I'm sure the Expo Center building is locked each night, so thought our backyard would be a better option for some to consider.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2017, 05:28:47 PM »
Michigan Poultry Fanciers had our annual meeting/luncheon this afternoon.  They did vote to raise entry fees from $3/bird to $3.50 and retain a $5 clean up fee per exhibitor.  Weekend rental of the Birch Run Expo Center has gone up this year for the Fowl Fest and we've been noticed it will be higher yet in 2018 & 2019, so the higher entry fees are meant to cover the increases in rent.
The only judged hired so far in Tim Bowles.   

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2017, 09:04:26 PM »
I received word this evening that SOhioPA (aka "Lucasville") will not have a fall show this year.  Please take this as the "word on the street" and not official from their show club.  I talked to Tim Bowles about it last month and he was doubtful and said they hadn't decided yet at that time. 

Victor Hakes of Hakes' Twin City Poultry Supplies generally is setup at both of the shows, when they were a week apart, but will be at Fowl Fest that first full weekend in October.  Please place your orders with him in advance of the show to pick up there and save on shipping costs.

Even if you are not an Ameraucana exhibitor, but normally show in Lucasville PLEASE head up US-23 (I-75 exit 136) to the Fowl Fest, in Birch Run, Michigan, that weekend.

Talk is that the 2nd judge for Fowl Fest will be Jacob Bates, from Arkansas.  A 3rd will be considered as we get closer to the show dates.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2017, 10:22:55 AM »
For members that want to campout in our backyard, that weekend, we'll offer electrical hookup.  Maybe bring extension cords, since I only have a limited number to loan out.  Campers, trailers, RVs, etc. are welcome with no charge to Alliance members.  Kathy and I will have a porta-john brought in for your convenience and you'll have access to the restrooms in the house.  Just let us know before the show, if you plan to camp here. :)

I'll include a list of motels, hotels & campgrounds in the area with phone numbers in our spring Newsletter.  I was told that there was no charge to exhibitors that spent the night in their trailers/RVs in the parking lot of the Expo Center last year.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2017, 07:17:10 PM »
For those of you that plan to show and have a preference please let us know if you would like Tim Bowles or Jacob Bates to judge our meet.
This the time to give your input either here or by email to any officer that can share your thoughts with the other officers as we privately discuss and vote.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2017, 09:44:26 AM »
The board of directors voted to have Tim Bowles judge our Ameraucana National Meet this October.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2017, 09:16:56 PM »
Fowl Fest is promoting our Ameraucana National Meet in their Poultry Press July issue ad on page 9.  8)

Jensen Pierson

• Associate
    • www.kaljenfarm.com
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2017, 08:42:24 AM »
Hey John, do you have any info on Travel Trailer hook up options at the fairgrounds? Parents are looking into buying a 30 foot travel trailer so now i am debating about cancelling my hotel rooms. Are there showers at the fairgrounds? Might take you up on the offer to park at your place as long as you have room. My trailer will be a bit bigger than a popup or a tent

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2017, 10:43:24 AM »
Hey John, do you have any info on Travel Trailer hook up options at the fairgrounds? Parents are looking into buying a 30 foot travel trailer so now i am debating about cancelling my hotel rooms. Are there showers at the fairgrounds? Might take you up on the offer to park at your place as long as you have room. My trailer will be a bit bigger than a popup or a tent

The Fowl Fest isn't at a fairgrounds, so there aren't hookups but just parking in the parking lot.  There are three campgrounds, closer to Frankenmuth, with hookups and facilities for campers.
Camping
Churchgrove RV Park (989)652-6141 (about 8 miles)
Frankenmuth Jellystone Park (989)652-6668 (about 8 miles)
Pine Ridge R.V. Campground (989)624-9029 (about 2 miles)

Birch Run Expo Center is an entertainment and trade facility located along I-75 in Birch Run, Michigan. Its mission is to provide quality events and entertainment to the Mid-Michigan area which are fan-friendly, family-oriented, safe, clean and professionally produced. We will only host events which we feel the Mid-Michigan Community would be proud to be a part of. The BREC hosts concerts, sporting events, trade shows, circuses and many more events each year.

Alliance members are welcome to setup campers/trailers/RVs in our backyard for the weekend.  We can supply basic electrical hookup and the house will open most of the time for bathroom use. 

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2017, 01:19:27 PM »
I'm not going to bring a trailer but am seriously considering tent camping. Car rental and gas will be around $400, so not sure I want to waste money on a bed when I have a perfectly good air mattress.
Beth Curran