Author Topic: National Meet for 2017?  (Read 15796 times)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: National Meet for 2017?
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2017, 10:18:51 PM »
My wife, Kathy, has volunteered to put on a Saturday evening dinner for all Alliance members, their families and guests.  She is a great cook and enjoys cooking for large groups.  We've completed a pavilion in the backyard and plan to have custom tarps made to pretty much enclose it for events like this when the weather is cooler.  The idea would be to eat at 6pm and have our annual meeting at 7pm, like last year.
I'll work out a schedule of events, as in the past, and run everything past the board for approval before it is chiseled in stone.
On Friday evening we could make reservations at the Bavarian Inn or Zehnder's for their World Famous Family Style Chicken Dinners if that sounds like the place to go.  It is pricy at over $20/person, but tourist's like to go there.  There are also many, many other local restaurants to consider and of course Kathy could also put on a Friday evening spread if there is an interest.

Jensen Pierson

• Associate
    • www.kaljenfarm.com
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2017, 09:01:46 AM »
I would love to go get some world famous chicken Friday night. Although I am not sure if I will get there early enough on Friday evening. Dinner on sat night at your place sounds perfect to me!

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2017, 09:22:20 AM »

We really need a "Like" button.   It sounds like a great time, and let Kathy know that Mary and I will help out as needed.   
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2017, 08:12:08 AM »
That is a very generous offer John, and I would gladly accept it if the board approves it.
S.E. Michigan

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2017, 02:15:51 PM »
Between the "Specials" donated by our members and what our board of directors has agreed to, we will once again be offering well over $2,000 in awards at our Ameraucana National Meet this year.
Members may still donate more designated specials or cash that the board can allocate.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 09:57:16 AM by John W Blehm »

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2017, 02:55:36 PM »
Folks I think we all can agree, that is an impressive offering. I believe between this wonderful pay out and the silent auction of breeding quality stock. We are geared up to be THE AMERAUCANA show of the year. If you have never attended our National Meet, I encourage you to make plans for this one. I personally look forward to it just to see how my breeding plans are working, compared to other breeders across the country. When I see I am lacking this gives me the perfect opportunity to pick the brains of those with the experience needed to move me forward. So make your plans now, start thinking about which birds to condition, and come join us for some fantastic fellowship. If you have never shown before don't let that stop you. Come see the tricks of some of the top breeders and exhibitors of Ameraucana first hand. I will be looking forward to meeting each and everyone of you  ;)
S.E. Michigan

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2017, 02:45:12 PM »

We really need a "Like" button. 

Ditto that! And please tell Kathy I will be happy to help as well.
Beth Curran

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2017, 03:25:51 PM »
Update on awards...Duane Schroeder has donated $50 toward Best LF Eggs in the egg judging competition, so we moved the club's $ that was there to bump both Reserve Bantam Eggs and Reserve LF Eggs to $50 awards!

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2017, 07:23:07 PM »
Thanks, Duane!
Beth Curran

Jensen Pierson

• Associate
    • www.kaljenfarm.com
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2017, 07:58:35 AM »
Why can't October be here already? This is almost as bad as counting down the days till vacation.

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2017, 10:31:09 PM »
Jensen I feel your excitement as well, I have several young birds in conditioning pens already. I get them all out every evening and look them over, not to mention constantly scanning my grow out pens looking for more. I am hoping to build some more conditioning pens this weekend. My Uncle Dave has been picking up pet carriers all summer while he does his garage sale hunts lol so I am geared up to bring a truck full.
S.E. Michigan

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2017, 12:06:19 PM »
Beth has donated...
$20/$10 on BB/RB junior bantam and $20/$10 on BB/RB junior large fowl
$15        on BV       junior large fowl buff
8)

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2017, 04:48:43 PM »
Wow, thanks Duane and Beth for your generosity.
S.E. Michigan

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2017, 11:58:32 AM »
Speed limits on some Michigan highways and expressways are going up.  So travel time to the Fowl Fest will be a bit faster for some, especially those coming from the north.  I-75 from just north of Bay City is now 75mph all the way to the Soo and parts of US 2, in the U.P., is or will increase to 65mph.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2017, 03:23:43 PM »
As of today the Fowl Fest show catalog, including an Entry Form, is online at FowlFest.org.  Just click on the link on the Home page.   
If you need a printed version sent to you in the mail, please let me know.  ;)

Exhibitors Table
Exhibitors must check in at the Michigan Poultry Fanciers club table before cooping-in.  You will be assigned your exhibitors number and receive an exhibitor list.  We can also help you with information on the Birch Run area.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 03:27:09 PM by John W Blehm »