Author Topic: National Meet for 2017?  (Read 15805 times)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: National Meet for 2017?
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2017, 07:46:02 PM »
I had hoped to make it to the national but Tawnya is still recovering from surgery. :( She is not strong enough yet to make the trip. If I left without her I would have to sleep with the chickens when I got home. :o So, good luck and safe travels to everyone. I'll be watching for updates!

You guys and others will be missed, but life happens and hobbies take a back seat as they should.  I've heard from at least a couple others that are dealing with "health issues" in their families that would have otherwise came.  Then you have the daughter of one member that actually is getting married the same weekend as a national meet and her father had to choose which event to attend.  ???   

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2017, 11:28:09 PM »
I received an email from Matt this evening.  There are 1,145 birds entered and the class breakdowns are in the attachment. 
155 AOCCL & 93 AOSB and you know most of them are Ameraucanas!  :D
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 11:30:20 PM by John W Blehm »

Max Strawn

• Lifetime Member
  • Associate
« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2017, 10:15:27 AM »
Thanks for the update Max.  Hope she gets better very soon, and back to full strength.   Do you have any plans for the Master Cup this year?
I have been needing to have my knee fixed for quite a few years so now that my insurance deductible has been met for the year I may try to do that. I won't have many chickens to care for so I think it's an opportune time to do so. That means I won't be getting around very well for a few months.

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2017, 02:04:04 PM »
Prayers sent for a speedy recovery, for Tawnya and for your knee as well. Sounds like a good time to get it taken care of.
Beth Curran

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2017, 09:54:15 PM »
The Friday night supper location has changed.  I tried making reservations at the Bavarian Inn, but evidently I was too late so we'll be across the road at Zehnder's of Frankenmuth at 7pm on Friday.  The reservation is for the 15 that signed up and they said it can be increased to 19 if a few more let me know they want to go.  Zehnder's is “America’s Largest Family Restaurant”
FYI... both restaurants are owned by Zehnder cousins and both are known for their "WORLD FAMOUS FAMILY STYLE CHICKEN DINNER".

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2017, 11:33:04 PM »
Kathy said for Saturday's supper she make a Mexican meal, featuring chicken fajitas, beef enchiladas & her famous Spanish rice.  Of course there will be plenty desserts. 

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2017, 09:41:49 PM »
Sorry to hear about Tawnya Max, and sounds like a good time to get your knee taking care of. Funny how things work out? FYI if I would've gotten some of them Blues hatched earlier I would really be giving everyone a run for there money in the AOSB class. Hopefully everything works out and you guys can make it next year.
S.E. Michigan