Author Topic: 2016 Ameraucana National Meet memories  (Read 2950 times)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
2016 Ameraucana National Meet memories
« on: October 16, 2016, 08:31:10 PM »
I'll start this with a group photo of some of us after our club meeting, Saturday evening.  Some spouses and guests were also there for our pizza & subs supper and meeting but not in the photo.
Also, there were other club members at the show that didn't make it to the meeting.  Some came without exhibiting.  Several cooped out and headed home Saturday afternoon while others of us waited to coop out Sunday morning.

Standing, left to right: Bob Rennolet, Donna Townsend, Stan Alder, Neil Townsend, Jim Fegan, Mike Gilbert, John Blehm, Max Strawn
Seated & kneeling: Dave Lasley, Noah Lasley, Duane Schroeder, Gina Neta, Russ Blair, Tawnya Strawn

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: 2016 Ameraucana National Meet memories
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 08:40:08 PM »
Here are photos of the top Ameraucanas in the show.  The photos aren't great, but the birds were ('cause the judge said so).
Champion Ameraucana Overall was a LF white pullet by Kraig Shafer.  It went to Champion AOSB also.
Reserve Champion Ameraucana Overall was a bantam black hen by Russ Blair.
Reserve of Breed LF was a cockerel by Max Strawn, that also was Reserve Champion AOSB.
Reserve of Breed bantam was a wheaten hen by John Blehm.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 08:56:46 PM by John W Blehm »

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 08:52:05 PM »
Bud Blankenship judged our meet.

Club members Jensen Pierson & Gina Neta judged our bantam Ameraucana egg contest.
Best Bantam Eggs - Russ Blair
Reserve Bantam Eggs - Donna Townsend

Club members Duane Schroeder & Russ Blair judged our LF Ameraucana egg contest.
Best LF Eggs - Bob Rennolet
Reserve LF Eggs - John Blehm

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 09:04:11 PM »
Robert Rennolet, from South Dakota, received this year's Lifetime Achievement Award.  8)

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 12:07:47 AM »
Looks like it was a great show! I so wish I'd been able to get there. These pictures bring back great memories from last year - miss you guys!
Beth Curran

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 12:34:04 PM »
It was an Epic show as always, the fellowshipping is priceless. Every year I regret it coming to an end as well. I would like to thank everyone who donated (birds, time and fianacially) to make this the show of shows. It takes a lot of behind the scenes action from members and spouses to pull this off. Beth I wish you could've made it as well. I was already planning my breeding pens on the drive home lol. As usual I came home with a new variety thanks to Neil and Donna Townsend. Not to mention Max Strawn hooking me up with some great stuff to work on. Needless to say I may be heading into a record high of hatched chicks this spring  :o. I hope everyone made it home safely and am excited to hear where next years will be. No matter where it is I strongly urge everyone to make plans on attending it. You will be utterly amazed at the representation of Ameraucana  ;)
S.E. Michigan

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 12:52:04 PM »
Russ and Gina organized a silent auction of Ameraucanas to benefit the club with several members donating.  The auction grossed a whopping $598!  The donors agreed to buy memberships for winning bidders that weren't already Alliance members and that gained us three new members. ;)

Michael Muenks

• Administrator
  • Associate
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 12:02:49 PM »
I would like to add my thanks and congrats to all! There were some really nice Ameraucana. It was great to see all the varieties on display. I think I actually picked a couple of the winners when I was looking through the Ameraucana Friday night and early Saturday. Due to an unfortunate scheduling conflict which developed, I wasn't able to stay around on Saturday and had to get on the road at 8 AM. I did get to visit with a few members and picked up some stock from Russell.

I am already looking forward to next year's National Meet.

Michael

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 02:47:12 PM »
I went over to the junior show building around 3pm to give out some rosettes and ribbons, but the were almost all cooped out by then so I mailed the awards today.
There were 4 lavender bantams with Nicholas Perkins winning BB and Alyssa Hutchinson winning RB.
In large fowl a nonmember won BB on a black hen and Cody Granatier won RB on a black cock.  There were a couple blues shown by a nonmember and Keehsa Ivans had BV on a splash pullet. 8)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2016, 05:08:43 PM »
Here are a couple clippings from the December issue of the Poultry Press...