Author Topic: LF Brown Red Cockerels  (Read 1777 times)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
LF Brown Red Cockerels
« on: September 30, 2016, 11:45:44 AM »
I have a couple extra I could bring to Lebanon if anyone is interested.   Asking only $10 each since my line runs on the smaller side.   Would make good project birds to cross on LF Blacks to improve the size in B.Reds, or for a project to create a gold based large fowl black line.  I am working on the latter project, only in bantams.  All the bantam blacks I have been familiar with are silver based, and I feel sex linked gold makes for better under color and potentially for even better green sheen. 
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: LF Brown Red Cockerels
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 07:15:05 AM »
Since there has been no interest in the cockerels, I will sweeten the pot just a bit.   I can spare a hen and a pullet to go with them.   The hen was hatched in 2015, the pullet in April.   $10 per bird.   Will bring them to Lebanon only if pre-ordered.   Please don't ask about shipping.   At that price it is just not worth the bother. 
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 11:01:32 AM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert

The Malcolms

• Associate
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 09:10:07 AM »
We are interested if they are not spoken for.  We will take all four.  Thanks Mike.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 11:04:56 AM »
We are interested if they are not spoken for.  We will take all four.  Thanks Mike.

You realize these are large fowl, correct?   If you want them I'll bring them along to Lebanon.   The cockerels will be entered, the hen and pullet will not be.
Mike Gilbert

The Malcolms

• Associate
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 11:52:55 AM »
Yes.  We know they are LF.  Walter wants to expand his BR project.
Thanks again...