Author Topic: Possible Columbian Project  (Read 2216 times)

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
Re: Possible Columbian Project
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2019, 09:01:33 AM »
Which  generation is this Steve?

Steve Neumann

• Administrator
  • Associate
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2019, 10:13:16 AM »
Well I have two lines I have created with different Columbian genetics to combine and compensate for inherent problems that I am encountering.  I didn't want to start the project with immature birds to ensure they were sound and in good health and productivity before building a variety around them.  Both lines are at F2.  One line was created with Blacks, one was created with Silvers.  I will try to get some more pictures today of my progress.

Steve Neumann

• Administrator
  • Associate
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2019, 01:22:14 PM »
Here are some pics.  I was hoping to get more birds to select from, but it was a hot summer, and my hatch rate wasn't what I hoped. Of course the useful birds were a tiny fraction of what hatched overall.  I only got 3 birds with pea combs, beard and muffs, slate shanks that are Columbian marked.  The male has a hideous tail.  But a male with dark shanks is a male with dark shanks.  He has some other good qualities, and his color is great.  Hopefully bigger progress next year.

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2019, 03:42:12 PM »
I got different results when I tried for Columbian, using Light Sussex, instead of a pure Ameraucanas.